Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could choose ONE extra item to add to your kit
9 February 2013, 22:44,
If you could choose ONE extra item to add to your kit
What would you choose?

Imagine for one second you were given a sensible amount of money, no not millions, and you could go out and buy without hassle ONE extra item of equipment for for survival preps what would you get?

Myself if given the chance I would get myself either a bolt action or semi automatic .22LR Carbine and a few bricks of decent 22 ammo.

Of course living in the UK I have more chances of winning the X factor dancing lesbians on ice in the jungle, than being allowed to own such a fundamentally snsible tool.

9 February 2013, 23:11,
RE: If you could choose ONE extra item to add to your kit
A difficult question,... but after a bit of thought I think I would go for a fishing boat,... defensible, accommodation, and moveable

If thats too much money,.. then probably a 9mm Browning pistol
A major part of survival is invisibility.
9 February 2013, 23:14,
(9 February 2013, 22:44)NorthernRaider Wrote: Myself if given the chance I would get myself either a bolt action or semi automatic .22LR Carbine and a few bricks of decent 22 ammo.

Of course living in the UK I have more chances of winning the X factor dancing lesbians on ice in the jungle, than being allowed to own such a fundamentally snsible tool.

But that's readily available?! All you need to do is apply for a FAC and get the gun once approved?!

If you're not getting the FAC because you don't want to be on a register, then you're cutting off your nose to spite your face. Unless there another reason Mr NR Bin Laden?

I don't know about my item I'd have. Maybe a handgun, with ammo.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
9 February 2013, 23:14,
A boat sounds like a plan, failing that a nice recurve bow with plenty of spair strings and a few hundred arrows
9 February 2013, 23:21,
(9 February 2013, 23:14)Scythe13 Wrote:
(9 February 2013, 22:44)NorthernRaider Wrote: Myself if given the chance I would get myself either a bolt action or semi automatic .22LR Carbine and a few bricks of decent 22 ammo.

But that's readily available?! All you need to do is apply for a FAC and get the gun once approved?!

If you're not getting the FAC because you don't want to be on a register, then you're cutting off your nose to spite your face. Unless there another reason Mr NR Bin Laden?

I don't know about my item I'd have. Maybe a handgun, with ammo.

it is not readily available in the UK, it is readily available in the US, you have to jump through hoops and register yourself as a victim in waiting to get an FAC in the UK.

9 February 2013, 23:31,
Change of plan rather than the rambos boystoys I want a lifetime supply of penecillan and difflam spray
9 February 2013, 23:35,
Sure it is available. It's a 14 week wait. You've been prepping for many years.

If you wanted a .22 that much, you'd find a way to get one.
9 February 2013, 23:40,
(9 February 2013, 23:35)Scythe13 Wrote: Sure it is available. It's a 14 week wait. You've been prepping for many years.

If you wanted a .22 that much, you'd find a way to get one.

FFS lad why do you have to over complicate and distort every bloody thread Rolleyes It is NOT readily available if you cannot walk into a shop and buy it, and I dont want to own anything illegal.

9 February 2013, 23:49, (This post was last modified: 9 February 2013, 23:53 by Scythe13.)
(9 February 2013, 23:40)NorthernRaider Wrote: FFS lad why do you have to over complicate and distort every bloody thread Rolleyes It is NOT readily available if you cannot walk into a shop and buy it, and I dont want to own anything illegal.

But you started a thread about 'realistic barter items' saying it was everyday stuff. In that you said about 5.56 rounds.

I'm just confused, that's all.

http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.php?tid=4089

One thread you're saying it's realistic for ordinary people, then the next you're acting like a .22 is a mystical thing as elusive as a yeti.
9 February 2013, 23:56,
Never mind, I give up, Scythe youve fucked up yet another thread.