Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your bank account
4 December 2014, 16:34,
RE: your bank account
(4 December 2014, 16:12)NorthernRaider Wrote: Recently they found a woman leaving the UK with £12,000 hidden in her knickers, she could not prove it was legit so they kept it AND charged her with aiding terrorists.

Wasn't she of Muslim origin, with friends/family fighting in Syria and she was about to catch a plane to turkey to go to Syria Wink
4 December 2014, 16:41, (This post was last modified: 4 December 2014, 16:47 by NorthernRaider.)
I think so.

The thing is the Police now have the PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT to play with it was designed to allow them to seize the huge piles of cash found in drug dealers homes, or other fraudsters, it turned the law on its head meaning anyone with their savings hidden under the mattress or having more than an a certain amount in the bank they can seize it, also if for example someone the bank or cops knows is on benefits or not working who suddenly puts a largish lump of cash in their accounts triggers a police / bank response and it requires the owner of the money to prove to the authorities the money was lawfully obtained.

Oh yes before I forget the EU always wants the right to seize money from anyones bank account in the EU to " Fight crime / Money Laundering / Fraud / Tax evasion etc, and we all saw what the EU did with everyones bank accounts in Cyprus.

4 December 2014, 17:01,
Yes, it is a concern ........
4 December 2014, 17:11, (This post was last modified: 4 December 2014, 17:15 by NorthernRaider.)
Also today where I see on the BBC and SKY politicians and commentators pointing out that in the NEXT 5 years there is going to be even more SAVAGE cuts in public spending ( a good thing) but if they do the bastards of all parties will want to get re-elected again so they will want to find money from somewhere to lavish on the poxy welfare state.

I think they will start sniffing around savings and investments to hit with " A one off tax" which will become a " One off annual tax" on savings and deposits

http://news.sky.com/story/1385280/more-a...-statement

Lib Lab or Con they are going to be looking for ways if keeping us plebs in check and staying in office, they insist the NHS will be ring fenced, they wont cut benefits to the scroungers, I think pensioners with private pensions and savings are likely to get shafted, among other stuff

The above IS about SURVIVALISM not political loyalties, the simple fact is that the country is skint, the deficit is £97 Billion and the national debt is £1.4 Trillion, we are borrowing more than ever and the debt is getting worse, so who is going to get shafted?

I don't like being on the establishment radar at the best of times, I don't even have a library card or an Amazon acct , leaving your hard earned cash in a bank in this crisis which IS getting worse is just inviting the gummint to snaffle chunks of it.

4 December 2014, 17:36, (This post was last modified: 4 December 2014, 17:42 by bigpaul.)
the trouble is you can only stuff so much under the mattress before it gets lumpy and uncomfortableBig Grin arent our bank deposits supposed to be "guaranteed" to a certain limit(forget off hand what that is)?

there is a hell of a difference between the huge amounts that criminals amass during their crimes and the small amounts that I am sure the majority of us have, I think my wife would look at me a bit sideways if I suddenly emptied our bank accounts "just in case".
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 December 2014, 17:51,
(4 December 2014, 17:36)bigpaul Wrote: the trouble is you can only stuff so much under the mattress before it gets lumpy and uncomfortableBig Grin arent our bank deposits supposed to be "guaranteed" to a certain limit(forget off hand what that is)?

Exactly.

And only so much you can spend it on.

You are protected from the banks 'failing' of up to £85K per bank, but bear in mind that some banks operate a single licence as they are part of a group like NatWest/RBS/Ulster Bank etc, and so you are only protected against one lot of £85K, not three lots etc...

But this is different to TPTB deciding to cream of say 10% from all accounts, or if they become suspicious of where your funds have come from etc...
4 December 2014, 17:59,
yes I thought so, they must have increased the guaranteed total as I thought it was lower than that but it FAR exceeds my meagre savings!Big Grin creaming off 10% would be a pain but not life threatening, and they can see where my income comes from by my bank statements in the form of my state pension, so I don't think I will be racing out tomorrow morning and emptying my accountsTongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 December 2014, 18:35,
Yup your money is protected IF THE BANK GOES BUST, but not if its a tax raid by the EU or a money grab by the state of the bank / cops thinking its the profits from selling wacky baccy.

4 December 2014, 18:37, (This post was last modified: 4 December 2014, 18:43 by bigpaul.)
yeah right.

I think if I removed all the money from my accounts THAT would make "the authorities" very suspicious indeed. aint going to happen.
5 December 2014, 12:01, (This post was last modified: 5 December 2014, 12:02 by River Song.)
I, the ever fragrent River Song make this last will and testament.
Being of sound mind - I spent the lot.

Seriously, I have no assets and my money comes in each month and goes out each month. No savings.

I know that in the US they say "pay off all your debts" but I say "f..k 'em"

When I left school all those years ago, I paid income tax and something called graduated pension. I was told that this was saving for my pension.

Around my late 40's I was told 'no no no' - this is to may for TODAY's pensioner's. a Ponzi scheme by any other name.

I came from a very working class family. I don't mean CHAV but what in the 50's would have been called 'respectable working class'.

But it was still very tough to survive. It was a hand-to-mouth and that holds true even today. Each months money just goes and there is always too much month left in the end of the money.

In my mind, if I have spare money at all, then I will travel a bit or invesft it in barter material. I would love to have a large lorry set up as a shop.

To reiterate - I'm not going to pay off debts to big companies.
F..K THEM

allons-y

No matter who you vote for, the Government always gets in