Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brexit no deal
22 December 2020, 12:21,
RE: Brexit no deal
(21 December 2020, 19:08)MaryN Wrote: Well, the first thing I did on reading about the latest "calamity" was to go and do a brief recce round my store cupboard. Can't say a shortage is going to bother us much for a while, and we have a lot of stuff growing in the garden. So....... I guess we will just hunker down and watch what happens. Apart from the lurking microbe and various irritating crap in the news, nothing much is going to change.

I saw on Jeremy Vine this morning some silly celebrity woman going on about there being no lettuces in the shops. lettuces? really?
people are stupid.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 December 2020, 13:17,
(22 December 2020, 12:19)bigpaul Wrote: I've always said that when a pandemic occurs I will go into quarantine, thats long before the govt invented the word lockdown.
its idiots that are not obeying the rules that are spreading the virus.

So did I. but this isn't a pandemic it is a panic attack. After a year of this farce we have only just exceeded the annual number of deaths from a bad flu and that is down to two reasons, we are not resetting the counter and many deaths have been classified as Covid without confirmation if the victim had, or suspected, Covid for a few weeks prior to death. There are many examples of people being recorded Covid deaths that either never had it or recovered and clearly died of something else.

The definition of a pandemic is below and note the exclusion.

<quote>A pandemic (from Greek πᾶν, pan, "all" and δῆμος, demos, "people" the 'crowd') is an epidemic of an infectious disease that has spread across a large region, for instance multiple continents or worldwide, affecting a substantial number of people. A widespread endemic disease with a stable number of infected people is not a pandemic. Widespread endemic diseases with a stable number of infected people such as recurrences of seasonal influenza are generally excluded as they occur simultaneously in large regions of the globe rather than being spread worldwide.</quote>

Now that doesn't mean be stupid. It is a disease that can be fatal so take care, avoid groups where you can, and do what you normally do when one of the 4 yearly cycles of flu come around. This could very well be the 5th.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 December 2020, 15:33,
I think we've had more deaths from Covid than we have had in a normal year with Flu.
it has also spread worldwide with every continent been affected/infected.
thats sounds like a Pandemic to me.
I live in a part of the country that so far, touch wood, has had low infections, mostly being down to lower population numbers, most of the deaths are located on the coastal areas where most of the urban population lives not out here in the rural areas.
still when you see people streaming out of London prior to the curfew or stripping supermarket shelves of vegetables and fruit, it does give one an idea how stupid the masses are.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 December 2020, 20:57,
I think we will agree to disagree there.

However, take care. I still will even if I don't think it is a pandemic. That goes for everyone as well. It only makes sense.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 December 2020, 11:13,
whether we call it a Pandemic or not, its still a dangerous situation, no doubt about that.
dont know if this new strain is more dangerous than the original but there is some talk of it affecting children more.
I always keep a low profile in the Winter months anyway, car boot sales and Sunday markets are my hobby and not much of that in a normal winter never mind in a medical emergency.
23 December 2020, 14:48,
Agree there. I would expect some differences between the strains, after all it is a mutation and engineered to be different.

Have a good Xmas and see you in the new year.
Skean Dhude
23 December 2020, 16:24,
Absolutely.
Christmas salutations to you my friend and to all the other members.
2 January 2021, 12:22,
Well we are out ! .......well up to a point ....we shall see ? .......I wonder who will be next ? ,before it all comes a tumbling down .
2 January 2021, 16:00,
No. We are out there are a few ties that our traitorous politicians put in because they still support the EU but we can replace them over time and we are still significantly better off.

Now we need to sort out the traitors in this country. Starting with the politicians.
Skean Dhude
3 January 2021, 11:58,
No. We are out there are a few ties that our traitorous politicians put in because they still support the EU but we can replace them over time and we are still significantly better off.

Now we need to sort out the traitors in this country. Starting with the politicians.
Skean Dhude