Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
illness
23 March 2012, 11:58,
illness
without going into graphic details, yours truly in NOT a well bunny, i picked up a D & V bug( in my case without the V just the D!). bought some duck eggs on Sunday from a new supplier and wondered if they had been out in the sun too long, but spoke to Doctor today and she says i have picked up a VIRAL infection, i know there is a bug going round. Doctor says they DONT give anti biotics for viral infections and i just have to wait until it clears by itself- could take up to a WEEK, i've been ill for 3 days now-so another 4 to go-oh whoopy dee! OH is making up a Manuca Honey 15(VERY expensive) and meadowsweet tincture. by the way, if any of you are ever ill, DONT bother with NHS DIRECT, complete and utter waste of time, they couldn't or wouldn't help, and they were supposed to ring us back- but NEVER did- either phone your surgery or if really bad 999! anyway, the main point of this post is, you may like to think about what you would do in a similar position AFTER TSHTF when medical services MAY not be available ( and YOUR S is hitting the Fan-or is that the PAN!Big Grin)
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 March 2012, 12:17,
RE: illness
Haha, a lovely post. But also one that is vital for many people.

I've been looking at antibiotics for a while, but my expenses have been huge for the last few months, so that's been really uncool. There are a couple of websites online that will provide antibiotics.

Personally, I have a crazyily good immune system. I was unwell last Sunday when I went to feed the squirrels with AlyBear. Spewed up a couple of times and all sorts. Got back home, fell asleep. My the evening, I was right as rain. WTSHTF, I'll be okay from most illnesses.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
23 March 2012, 12:27,
Antibiotics simply dont work on viral infections, just have to treat the symptoms and stay hydrated, Diorolite or flat coke works well.

23 March 2012, 12:40,
(23 March 2012, 12:27)NorthernRaider Wrote: Antibiotics simply dont work on viral infections, just have to treat the symptoms and stay hydrated, Diorolite or flat coke works well.
yep, thats what the Doctor said.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 March 2012, 12:44,
My little girls just had that B.P., its a nasty thing, she was off school for nearly a week she had the biggest darkest rings under her eyes and was exhausted...
We went to the docs who advised us to keep her off... we then told school who said poo poo that your doc doesnt know best we do... basicaly bring her in, to which I politely told them NO!!!!! thats how the damn things spread all the time....
Get well soon B.P. and no I wont tuck you in or bed bath you... get that thought right out of your head....TongueTongueTongue
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
23 March 2012, 12:49,
(23 March 2012, 12:44)mikebratcher69 Wrote: My little girls just had that B.P., its a nasty thing, she was off school for nearly a week she had the biggest darkest rings under her eyes and was exhausted...
We went to the docs who advised us to keep her off... we then told school who said poo poo that your doc doesnt know best we do... basicaly bring her in, to which I politely told them NO!!!!! thats how the damn things spread all the time....
Get well soon B.P. and no I wont tuck you in or bed bath you... get that thought right out of your head....TongueTongueTongue
there are some kids off from the local school, was told"there is a bug going around"! the last bit made me chuckle Mike, thanks for that!Tongue
23 March 2012, 13:49,
+1 on NHS direct. Worse than beeping useless.

There's a recipe on the net for homemade rehydration salts.

http://rehydrate.org/ors/made-at-home.htm

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
23 March 2012, 14:37,
TOF,

That was one of the first recipes I posted on this site.

Most people have good immune systems. They have evolved over a very long time. The only thing is that now we keep people with poor immune systems alive with drugs. Them and their children will not fair well after an event. Thus evolutionary theory is restored.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 March 2012, 15:05,
Try 7-up it's what I used to give my kids when they got the bug a Dr told me theres some thing in it that settles the tum
23 March 2012, 15:17,
(23 March 2012, 14:37)Skean Dhude Wrote: TOF,

That was one of the first recipes I posted on this site.

Most people have good immune systems. They have evolved over a very long time. The only thing is that now we keep people with poor immune systems alive with drugs. Them and their children will not fair well after an event. Thus evolutionary theory is restored.

I've used that recipe for sick Lambs, Goat kids, even a Horse!(believe me you want to make sure you're at the head end of a Horse with the squits)

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart