Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ukraine
5 April 2022, 17:21,
RE: Ukraine
(5 April 2022, 13:33)bigpaul Wrote: the bodies are of those who could not bug out, mostly due to health or age.
I do hope the UK govt sees sense in the light of the Ukraine war and stops the downgrading of our armed forces and increases defence spending but when has any UK govt, of any party, ever done anything sensible?

All the companies I used to work for in an indirect manner (our stuff was pretty tailored and we only had slight competition in the market and so the big players came to us, rather than trying to figure stuff out for themselves and then there were patents/ip issues as well) have seen shares spiking. Money is being funnelled at a rate of knots. Those who fund the ptb expect returns and they are seeing them, big time.

If you really think that spending more money means the UK will have more of a defensive force or better gear ... erm ... I just don't know what to say. Increasing spending will make a few people even more rich and that is all. Platforms take time and money to develop - we had no money, not in my sector at least. Now we have no time.
I am sooo sick of the ww2 brit bulldog mentality (I'M NOT suggesting that I am seeing here - I am merely stating that I HAVE seen it in other areas and on different sites -okay?) these people who have brains living in the old days have zero clue at all.
If ww3 went kinetic tomorrow (I am NOT saying that it will! / this is just for the sake of conversation, people, calm down) and it was just conventional (shooty shooty and bombs and regular missiles) most countries in Europe would not even make it to the men's room. Economies have been gutted, industry has been gutted, manufacturing has been gutted - green new deal, climate crisis, zero carbon ... right?
Now, please factor in that many people are embarrassed by their own flag and country; they actually hate where they live and the people just like them. They don't care if it gets wiped out. They think there are too many rich or privileged people of a certain colour; but seem oblivious to the fact that they have a nice life and are that very same colour - you could not make this up. A real number has been done to them all. None of this bodes well.

Now ... I've met Soviet jets crews (the ones I met were amiable and ready to joke. They were less up themselves than some of the RAF guys that I met on that particular day - some RAF guys are hilariously funny, just not when they know they are talking to the plebs who keep them in gear it seems. USA crews were the most polite I have ever had the privilege to meet. Just lovely) and I've seen the hardware up close and personal. I am not an expert by any means with any platform that they keep in Russia - I've seen enough on the platforms they sent to the UK, mind. My advice is to not go there.

Best case? This situation deescalates very quickly. Let us all get round a table and try to calm this down and talk about solutions that suit all parties. Forecast: until peace is regained there will be deaths that can be counted in understandable figures (you have probably held a few thousands of pounds in you your hand and you can make sense of it. I doubt you ever held a few millions of pound in your hands though, right?) now imagine every piece of paper is a corpse ... getting it , yet?

2nd best case: This keeps going until winter or for a year or so. The Germans can kiss goodbye to their manufacturing. They will struggle to keep the electric on. I'd hate to own any German built car and not have a stack of spares, right now. Price of food increases as does every fuel bill. UK grannies and gramps freeze and some of the chavs with 12 kids go hungry - don't they all have flat screens, smart phones, cable, Devil's lettuce, ciggies, Stella though? At the moment, yes. Who cares, right? Well, everyone with a functioning brain who knows what happens when the shelves go dry or the food is too expensive, or the pizza delivery does not come. Some of them are a tad feral. Many middle class will choose to heat or eat in the autumn and those without thermals will have a terrible time. If the ptb do not exchange the required currency for commodity - rolling blackouts. This situation could go on for ages. Forecast: death - thousands.

3rd case: conventional war. Spending to fund the war is increased. Fiat currency fails. Hyperinflation. So: cold, food, empty shelves, looting blah blah. Forecast: death - tens of thousands.

If this goes fully nuclear and with a real malice and desire to destroy and not to conquer or to own the UK - well, none of us will have to worry about it for very long.

That is our stake. Feel free to p!ss up this lamppost if your really need to. I want conversation and common sense. I'm not going to get it. This is going to get very bad - for everyone and that means US here! Common sense? Apparently our doctors have to ask men under the age of 60 if they are up the duff. Are you all seeing why we don't have one decent f*cking submarine to defend UK waters yet?

Do what you can do. Learn what you can learn. And then get your soul right with whomever. Unless we see some proactive change of direction soon, we all of us burn.
6 April 2022, 08:57,
in a nuclear war no one wins, we all lose, result dead planet end of the human race, Putin knows that.
whether the ferals and the chavs survive is not my concern, they probably wont, dont write off grannie and grandad just yet, they will probably live longer than the single mother with 12 kids, they have lived through rougher times than the woke snowflakes.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 April 2022, 20:10,
Ajax I wasn’t worried before but I am now. After reading your other post on emergency lighting it’s concerning to think you have been involved in weapons systems.
6 April 2022, 21:41,
(6 April 2022, 08:57)bigpaul Wrote: in a nuclear war no one wins, we all lose, result dead planet end of the human race, Putin knows that.

He wants to build “a greater Russia”, I don’t think he would start a nuclear war, he knows the retaliatory strike would destroy Russia and then I think expansionist China would move in from the east.
7 April 2022, 08:08,
(6 April 2022, 21:41)Pete Grey Wrote:
(6 April 2022, 08:57)bigpaul Wrote: in a nuclear war no one wins, we all lose, result dead planet end of the human race, Putin knows that.

He wants to build “a greater Russia”, I don’t think he would start a nuclear war, he knows the retaliatory strike would destroy Russia and then I think expansionist China would move in from the east.

he wants to restore the old Soviet Union.
the war in Ukraine has shown his forces arent up to it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 April 2022, 09:20,
I do not believe Putin is out to restore the former Soviet Union ......it’s all about trade routes and access , and stopping the west from moving further east (after the promises not to ) Ukraine is a buffer zone for Russia with the advantage of port access plus grain production .........Putin is giving lessons to the west right now ....oil , fertiliser and selling everything via their own currency ....and not the usd , the US dollar is dying and loosing its influence , and countries know it and they are positioning themselves for the day it all comes crashing down .
7 April 2022, 11:45,
The Russian troops are not up to it and the conscripts dont want to fight.
Russia cannot sustain this much longer they are losing to much materials, the weapons supplied by the West and the sanctions are having an effect, I doubt the Russians can sustain this for more than a month or two, they have shown they are not invincible . if they can retain the break away regions in the East thats about all they can do and even that is doubtful.
7 April 2022, 17:21,
(7 April 2022, 09:20)Straight Shooter Wrote: I do not believe Putin is out to restore the former Soviet Union ......it’s all about trade routes and access , and stopping the west from moving further east (after the promises not to ) Ukraine is a buffer zone for Russia with the advantage of port access plus grain production .........Putin is giving lessons to the west right now ....oil , fertiliser and selling everything via their own currency ....and not the usd , the US dollar is dying and loosing its influence , and countries know it and they are positioning themselves for the day it all comes crashing down .

The Russian slavonic population is falling due to a low birth rate and emigration of skilled middle class workers (and their families).

I’ve seen a report that the population will be down by 30% by 2050. Any immigration is from eastern former soviet union muslim states.

If Putin could have taken Ukraine not only would it give him a huge amount of rich farmland and industry but increase his slavonic population by 40 million.

As for the US dollar, I don’t know.

If anyone has savings, banks are useless, keep just enough money available for emergencies in the bank, keep money at home incase cash machines crash, spend the rest on your preps. Get what you need or want now, while you can get it and afford it.

It’s to late now to buy gold as I suggested (in 2018) as a hedge to inflation as the price is now sky high.
27 April 2022, 14:52,
I am not going to open a youtube account just so I can make a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZzNh9Bd9ZU&t=529s
5 May 2022, 22:39,
(27 April 2022, 14:52)Ajax Wrote: I am not going to open a youtube account just so I can make a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZzNh9Bd9ZU&t=529s

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313833244258

So you either use the above, which seems to be what that chap is using (battery stored electrical charge so not free), or you move the wire coil back and forth on the magnet or vice versa with your hand in order to induce an electrical current (also not free as achy hand).
Ịn the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!