Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoes n boots
24 August 2022, 08:11,
Shoes n boots
I know most of us have lots of pairs of boots and shoes but do you have the means to repair them ? Do you have a shoe iron , heels, soles , tacks and glue .....a pincers and a hook knife .....food for thought ! .
24 August 2022, 11:50,
RE: Shoes n boots
I have enough shoes and boots put back to see me out.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 August 2022, 17:44,
My wife was a shoemaker back in the day. She has the equipment.
24 August 2022, 21:55,
As a historic reenactor and experimental archeologist I have the ability to turn a road killed goat into a pair of shoes.

Skin it, tan it, turn it into foot wear.

And yes, I have done it! Only it was a deer rather than a goat.

Road killed goat just sounds more dramatic and has a better ring.

A road killed badger would probably work too.

24 August 2022, 22:01,
I collect safety footwear on a fairly regular basis from my employer , used to sell them or just give them away but now they go into deep storage for the pocyclipse !
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
24 August 2022, 22:32,
(24 August 2022, 21:55)Mortblanc Wrote: As a historic reenactor and experimental archeologist I have the ability to turn a road killed goat into a pair of shoes.

Skin it, tan it, turn it into foot wear.

And yes, I have done it! Only it was a deer rather than a goat.

Road killed goat just sounds more dramatic and has a better ring.

A road killed badger would probably work too.

Roadkill around here is two legged, go too plan B Smile.
25 August 2022, 08:25,
pheasant, badger and squirrel form most roadkill around here.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 August 2022, 15:24,
(24 August 2022, 22:32)Pete Grey Wrote:
(24 August 2022, 21:55)Mortblanc Wrote: .

Roadkill around here is two legged, go too plan B Smile.

No that far fetched PG.

Over in the area where CH lives there once lived a man named Lewis Wetzel. He was a frontiersman and Indian fighter. Should probably be considered one of North America's first documented serial killers. No one has any idea how many people he killed because it was an era with no communication, he traveled alone, no one kept count and since they were mostly the generalized "enemy" he was held in high esteem like a modern military sniper. The Indians called him Death Wind.

Anyway, Lewis killed a huge Shawnee Indian that was heavily tattooed. Liking the art work, Lewis had a pair of leggings made from the mans skin.

Not sure if it would be tough enough for moccasins.
26 August 2022, 20:18,
The WV Dept. of Corrections has a sense of humour as well as an appreciation of history. The Max-Max facility used to house killers serving life without chance of parole is named for Lewis Wetzel. WV abolished the death penalty some time ago.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
26 August 2022, 21:48,
I recommend everyone to print out MB’s post, Thread Clothing, post Shoe making, 5th July 2013.

I have some old leather (from local Sunday market), saddle soap, mars oil, dubbin, thread, awl, needles, curved and straight. Collected over time mainly for making knife sheaths or pouches.

I also have a last, hook knife, tacks, Storm-sure boot adhesive, not thought of soles and heels though, thanks SS.