Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nuclear war
21 July 2023, 20:35,
RE: nuclear war
Two weeks. Obviously BS. People can die within minutes if the dose is high enough.

When a nuke goes off, depending on the yield, you have a ball of plasma where everything gets vaporised. Just outside that you get burnt to a cinder moving away for a much later area where you get sun like tempratures rushing away from the blast. Further away you get reducing tempratures and intense winds for quite a distance. Houses, etc, get blown away literally and you will be a twig caught up in that. Radiation is carried along with that.

Whilst that is still ongoing the heat carries the radiation up into the air and then leaves it in the atmosphere for the wind to spread around as it wants. This drops from the atmosphere and can cover thousands of square miles.

The radiation decreases the further you get away from the blast but can still kill you. Reduced radiation that is fatal can be hundreds of miles away. Smaller radiation doses doesn't mean survival either it just means a slower agonising death from cancers etc. Sterilisation, gene corruption so your children have mutations, cancer is a mutation.

Even if you are in a bunker you need to come out eventually. Radiation can still be there in fatal doses 50 years later.

We don't want any nukes thank you. I've made the decision I can't survive a full nuclear war so I have enough for a limited issue where I can be indoors for a year and after that I have to come out no matter what. I can't wait 50 years. I wonder if I will ever be looking at a Geiger counter knowing it is above a fatal dose but having no choice but for us to leave. Not a nice thought.

My only bit of satisfaction is that Putin and Xi know where the bunkers for our leaders are. Several bunker buster nukes on those sites would make me feel a tad better looking at that meter.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 July 2023, 07:35,
Devonport Dockyard is 40+ miles from us, this is a recognised target for Russian nuclear missiles, although the dockyard is smaller than in its heyday and is now privately owned it still services nuclear submarines and other ships.
we would not be in the blast zone itself but radiation would be something else.
I have never considered all out nuclear war to be survivable in Britain.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 July 2023, 07:40,
(21 July 2023, 20:35)Skean Dhude Wrote: My only bit of satisfaction is that Putin and Xi know where the bunkers for our leaders are. Several bunker buster nukes on those sites would make me feel a tad better looking at that meter.
I said during covid, we should just sound the nuclear alert and weld the bunker doors shut, cut all their communications, and pour millions of tonnes of concrete over the site.

But seriously, Putin has no wish to kill millions of ordinary civilians. The Russians have much the same mindset ... the problem with the west, are those who run the west.

So, why do you imagine nukes hitting cities? The only country that has deliberately bombed cities, is the US (with UK help). This whole idea of a massive nuclear weapon hitting a major population centre, is an idea developed in the US ... because the US have this idea that everyone else is as evil as they are.

There is absolutely no point in the Russians hitting a major population centre ... except for the centre of London which (as you point out) none of us would miss.

There is also no point the Russians creating enormous mushroom clouds of nuclear fallout which then falls on them. They are going to go for surgical strikes which minimise the fallout. So, I'm sorry, unless you commit suicide, there is a high chance of your survival.
22 July 2023, 07:46,
sounds like Russian propaganda to me.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 July 2023, 08:08,
(22 July 2023, 07:46)bigpaul Wrote: sounds like Russian propaganda to me.
The Russians don't need propaganda. They expect to be judged by their actions. Only the US needs to employ the largest propaganda machine in history to paint evil as good.

Actually it was Chinese propaganda that really opened my eyes, when they pointed out how many countries had been bombed by the US since WWII.

That, and watching the video showing a "sudden and horrific escalaton of Russian bombing" ... only to read the comment and discover its what the US did in Serbia to civilians there.

When you take off the blinkers of (US funded) western media, and see the world as others see us, it's not a nice picture. But at least it gives me a good idea how WWIII will be fought - and personally I don't intend dying for the crimes committed by the US and our poodle "leaders".
22 July 2023, 08:19,
no, the Russians use bullying and bluster.
how many times have they threatened to nuke Western countries because of the support for Ukraine.
sorry, I think you are a Russian spy or at the least an apologist for Putin.
I will now put you on ignore.
22 July 2023, 09:35,
(22 July 2023, 08:19)bigpaul Wrote: no, the Russians use bullying and bluster.
how many times have they threatened to nuke Western countries because of the support for Ukraine.
Zero.

How many times has the UK media lied to you about the Russians ... how many grains of sand on a beach?

The Russians aren't exactly paradigms of virtue ... they were funding CND, they were funding the Unions that wrecked British Industry, and then they funded the Greens that destroyed our energy infrastructure. And seeing the inability of the west to produce basic shells, because we lack the industry & energy to mass produce armaments, it doesn't take a genius to work out why the Russians were undermining our society that way.

Perhaps if they hadn't been using papers like the Guardian to implement Russian foreign policy - pushing CND all these years - the papers like the Guardian wouldn't be so cross about being used and now intent on starting a nuclear exchange.
22 July 2023, 16:06,
Not choosing sides because I'm in the UK but tbh this is the first time I have felt on the wrong side of any issue.

The governments of the West are corrupt and if it wasn't for our useless media not doing their jobs we would not be worrying about nuclear war and the Ukrainian issue would have been long over with a lot less lives wasted on both sides, particularly the Ukrainians.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 July 2023, 07:28,
I'm not so sure SD, I think Putin had he won in Ukraine would then have pushed into other country's, particularly the Baltic States which were once part of the old Soviet Union.
23 July 2023, 11:59,
Well we will have to agree to disagree. I don't see Putin pushing past Ukraine as part of this campaign.

Now, if he is attacked, all bets are off.
Skean Dhude