Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
What have done towards your prep?
25 July 2024, 08:03,
RE: What have done towards your prep?
most people are completely hopeless without electricity, their whole lives run on it, keep it simple dont overcomplicate your post SHTF life.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 July 2024, 12:11,
(25 July 2024, 08:03)bigpaul Wrote: most people are completely hopeless without electricity, their whole lives run on it, keep it simple dont overcomplicate your post SHTF life.

You are so right, the majority of folk just can't imagine life without it, ourselves included, if you are honest, I know that I'd miss not being able to use my MIG welder, lathe and milling machine for example.
25 July 2024, 12:23,
(25 July 2024, 12:11)earthman Wrote:
(25 July 2024, 08:03)bigpaul Wrote: most people are completely hopeless without electricity, their whole lives run on it, keep it simple dont overcomplicate your post SHTF life.

You are so right, the majority of folk just can't imagine life without it, ourselves included, if you are honest, I know that I'd miss not being able to use my MIG welder, lathe and milling machine for example.
dosent bother me, I have lived without electricity doing everything by hand, its not difficult but it needs a different mindset one that most modern people do not possess.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 July 2024, 12:28,
The fact that you are on this forum, use the net for other things too I'm guessing? Hand on heart, you still say that it doesn't bother you?
25 July 2024, 13:21,
no it dosent bother me, I was a late starter on the internet 60 before I ever went near one.
if the internet collapsed I would just do things the way they used to be done before computers.
25 July 2024, 13:34,
a good prepping friend of mine said to me and I agree:
" use what is available post event to get to a place and time where you can live without it when it no longer works or is not available", that is my philosophy with electricity and technology especially technology.
27 July 2024, 08:33,
I thought that I were late at coming to the whole computer/internet thing at the age of 30, for the first 3 years of my life I didn't have electricity, there were only gas lights on the walls of place we lived, my mum tells me.

Sure, we could all live without the internet I feel but life would certainly be a lot more difficult without electricity, every job/task would take so much more time and energy,....that aspect alone would impact you in later life/the older you get.
27 July 2024, 09:40,
my grandparents house still had gas lights.
wife lived here pre teen years in an off grid cottage, oil lamps and log burners, water pumped by hand from a well.
I spent many years off grid, no power of any kind, so I know it can be done
working without computers and electricity will make us all fitter, no obesity crisis like now.
27 July 2024, 13:11,
working on the garden and having country walks every day over the last couple of years I have lost 3stone, I 'm fitter than a lot of people I see over 20 years younger.
living without electricity isnt hard it just needs a different mindset, trying to live post event like they did before is a mugs game and they will fail big time.
28 July 2024, 13:04,
Where I lived was just off Ladbroke grove, now it's one of the most expensive area's in London to live,... most people probably don't believe me when I say that my home at least, didn't have electricity going back 50 years ago but it's true.

My grandfather lived most of his life without electricity and worked hard manual jobs, he were skinny all his life but died at the age of 71 if I remember correctly. He use to say 4 score years and 10, if you reached that, you had a good run. Has life expectancy gone up due to folk having a bit of an easier life due to electricity and powered equipment? Makes you wonder hey.