Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
What have done towards your prep?
15 August 2024, 07:38,
RE: What have done towards your prep?
(14 August 2024, 19:33)Pete Grey Wrote: New preppers and guests.....have you made a plan yet ?

from previous..........Medication.....

As for basic OTC medication build up your stocks, a good multivitamin tablet may keep you healthier, paracetamol, co-codamol, ibuprofen, voltorol gel, oragel dental gel, piriton, gaviscon, imodium, senokot, sudafed, cough mixture, antihistamine cream, hydrocortisone cream, antiseptic cream, antifungal cream........

.....Another one to get.......Ovex tablets (Mebendazole)......kills threadworms, whipworms, roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms, who knows what we may have to eat.

Also very useful insect repellent, we use jungle formula, and a good sunblock cream, both should also be in your BOB, stings and sunburn should not be ignored.
WOW Pete, thats some list, we would need a medical ward to stock all that lot.
those worms usually come from bad meat, make sure all meat is well cooked, we usually cook ours until it is falling apart....especially as I am having my remaining teeth removed in 2 months time! LOL.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 August 2024, 12:23,
All good here in the valleys Pete ! People are giving flowers to everyone they meet and wearing bell bottom Levi’s ,cheese cloth shirts and sandals …long hair is back in fashion the new greeting these days is “ hey man “ in the mist of purple haze everyone is blissfully happy nobody eats chips or Mac’s the in thing is lentil soup and any raw vegetables that’s about it Pete ….i have to split now ……later man .
15 August 2024, 12:57,
(15 August 2024, 12:23)Straight Shooter Wrote: All good here in the valleys Pete ! People are giving flowers to everyone they meet and wearing bell bottom Levi’s ,cheese cloth shirts and sandals …long hair is back in fashion the new greeting these days is “ hey man “ in the mist of purple haze everyone is blissfully happy nobody eats chips or Mac’s the in thing is lentil soup and any raw vegetables that’s about it Pete ….i have to split now ……later man .

pure 1960s man, LOL SS.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 August 2024, 19:24,
(15 August 2024, 12:23)Straight Shooter Wrote: All good here in the valleys Pete ! People are giving flowers to everyone they meet and wearing bell bottom Levi’s ,cheese cloth shirts and sandals …long hair is back in fashion the new greeting these days is “ hey man “ in the mist of purple haze everyone is blissfully happy nobody eats chips or Mac’s the in thing is lentil soup and any raw vegetables that’s about it Pete ….i have to split now ……later man .

Hey SS man you cool dude......You could always say “those funny plants are medicinal herbs for my rheumatics” ? Party time ?.

Shelter, security, water, food, cooking, heating, lighting, first aid, medication, communication, power, transport.
15 August 2024, 20:06,
(15 August 2024, 07:38)bigpaul Wrote: from........Medication list.......(Pete Grey).

those worms usually come from bad meat, make sure all meat is well cooked, we usually cook ours until it is falling apart....especially as I am having my remaining teeth removed in 2 months time! LOL.

BP I tried to make the list comprehensive to cover as many common complaints as possible, all are easy to get while the pharmacy shelves are full.....SHTF you’ll wish you had.

As for the worming tablets......you never know......hope we never need them.

Shelter, security, water, food, cooking, heating, lighting, first aid, medication, communication, power, transport.
16 August 2024, 07:32,
(15 August 2024, 20:06)Pete Grey Wrote:
(15 August 2024, 07:38)bigpaul Wrote: from........Medication list.......(Pete Grey).

BP I tried to make the list comprehensive to cover as many common complaints as possible, all are easy to get while the pharmacy shelves are full.....SHTF you’ll wish you had.

As for the worming tablets......you never know......hope we never need them.
I've never had much time for tablets and stuff, I take as few tablets as I can, thats usually less than 6 per YEAR, I have hydrocortisone for my psoriasis but thats prescribed and hard to get a stock of, and I've never needed worming tablets.
17 August 2024, 20:40,
I ordered a new security system , it arrived this week …..I will install it in the next few weeks but I will still use the existing one ….i will install the monitor in the loo to save time ! .
17 August 2024, 20:50,
Because of a real bad growing year to date I am shifting tack and setting up a micro greens system on a bigger scale …I will run it off solar ….all the gear is on hand …….onwards men ! .
17 August 2024, 23:50,
(17 August 2024, 20:40)Straight Shooter Wrote: I ordered a new security system , it arrived this week …..I will install it in the next few weeks but I will still use the existing one ….i will install the monitor in the loo to save time ! .

That’s a big job SS, I could not manage to do one myself (age the bastard has caught up on me)

We have a pretty good alarm system, professionally fitted by an electrician friend, it’s a few years old now but I test it on a regular basis, any problem my mate will be round. We also have cctv camera’s and security lights

However as i’ve reminded the guests and newbies, (12th July) - not you mate you already know, it’s just as important and easier to make your home as secure as possible with the best locks you get for all doors and windows, longer stronger screws in door frames, and also best padlocks on sheds and outhouses, all to protect you and yours.

It’s very strange about the bad growing year i’ve come across this from other friends, must be this strange weather cycle we’re in.

well.....take care and keep safe.

18 August 2024, 07:49,
I dont worry too much about security systems here, anything funny going on is usually down in town and we are on the other side of the river on the edge of the parish, there are other houses that would get attacked long before anyone got to us and we would hear them, also lots of dogs around to give warning.
we have a good 360 view all around and good vision out to the road. our house is set back with a large drive, the largest drive in the area. great scope for trip wires and traps post SHTF.