Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
What have done towards your prep?
18 August 2024, 11:51,
RE: What have done towards your prep?
Over the last 2,3 years 1camera and 3 doorbell cameras have been fitted in my street also a car camera not sure if it operates when not moving ,why ...not the foggiest my area is and has been crime free for 30yrs .

Is it just keeping up with the jonesis
Survive the jive (youtube )
18 August 2024, 12:03,
I also live in a low crime area, most "crime" here is domestic related and the odd bored teen kicking off, this place is like a ghost town most of the time, crime is in the cities not a quiet rural area like this.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 August 2024, 19:08,
Have you made a plan yet ?....... plans and lists are the basis of my preps and should be of yours.......

More additions to add to the medication list,

Acriflex cream for burns, and two old favourites, Calamine lotion (for a rash) and Golden Eye ointment.

Shelter, security, water, food, cooking, heating, lighting, first aid, medication, communication, power, transport.
19 August 2024, 08:27,
I still havent been able to purchase a warehouse to store all these things that preppers over the last 15 years have said we need.
keep it simple.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 August 2024, 10:01,
(19 August 2024, 08:27)bigpaul Wrote: I still havent been able to purchase a warehouse to store all these things that preppers over the last 15 years have said we need.
keep it simple.

Good point.

Sort of reminds me of all the youtube videos on get home bags ,bugg out bags.
Survive the jive (youtube )
19 August 2024, 10:41,
there is a lot of stuff one would have to leave behind if bugging out, much more than one could ever hope to carry.
19 August 2024, 10:52,
It is simple......look after your basic needs and over time improve things to make life safer, easier and more comfortable.

Neglect the basic needs of survival at your cost.

Shelter, security, water, food, cooking, heating, lighting, first aid, medication, communication, power, transport.
19 August 2024, 19:42,
The way I see it Pete has put together a valid list ,it’s food for thought it’s down to the individual to prioritise what their needs are for them , reminders are good ! Pete’s suggestion's are just that suggestions …..it gets us all thinking ……it’s all good Pete ! .
20 August 2024, 07:59,
(19 August 2024, 19:42)Straight Shooter Wrote: The way I see it Pete has put together a valid list ,it’s food for thought it’s down to the individual to prioritise what their needs are for them , reminders are good ! Pete’s suggestion's are just that suggestions …..it gets us all thinking ……it’s all good Pete ! .
I didnt infer that Pete's suggestions werent good, but I have seen a lot of lists on prepper sites, including this one, and if I stocked everything that was listed I wouldnt be able to get in my front door. LOL.
21 August 2024, 20:42,
(20 August 2024, 07:59)bigpaul Wrote:
(19 August 2024, 19:42)Straight Shooter Wrote: The way I see it Pete has put together a valid list ,it’s food for thought it’s down to the individual to prioritise what their needs are for them , reminders are good ! Pete’s suggestion's are just that suggestions …..it gets us all thinking ……it’s all good Pete ! .
I didnt infer that Pete's suggestions werent good, but I have seen a lot of lists on prepper sites, including this one, and if I stocked everything that was listed I wouldnt be able to get in my front door. LOL.

Without sounding patronising the lists were meant for newcomers not for old timers, listing basic needs and making suggestions of what items might be useful in each category to make things safer, easier or just more comfortable.......your choice.

As for needing a warehouse.......you can get a lot of preps in a few stackable crates.......no problem.......
it’s what we’ve done.......over many years.