Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
What have done towards your prep?
22 August 2024, 09:04,
RE: What have done towards your prep?
trouble with preps even canned food and bottled water is its all finite and will get used up over time.
the problem comes when all this stuff is used up and one cannot access/ buy more, if people need this stuff to survive then they will fail.
learning to live with just the basics and getting everything else from nature or growing it oneself is the only way to survive.
keep it simple.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 August 2024, 17:41,
Yes it’s the only way forward for Any prepper old or young that’s where we will all end up growing our own food all people in my village did and depended on what they could produce , back then you eat what was in season and stored stuff in clamps to last through the winter , rabbits , chickens and even goats were kept , it will not be long before our yesterdays. Are relived , some well off souls kept pigs if they had ground or small holdings , as soon as my grandfather returned from WW 1 he bought a small holding with six acres , I milker and 1 beef cow three pigs 12 chucks , some ducks and two sheep , the veg patch was small but bountiful enough they got by everyone had to work the garden or allotments even both . These days there is NO excuse not to grow NONE
You can grow in buckets or any containers come to that ! But learn how to store food ! That’s equally inportant learn how to preserve and make jams , jellies and pickles it’s quite easy ! Especially when the snows down and your tucking in to last years sunshine in front of the glow of your wood stove ….theres nothing finer .
So buy Malt and whit destilled vinegar , sugar white and red wine vinegar best you do it now ! You will need it ! Very soon ….get it while you still can . Picking damsons this weekend they are ready and loads of them to nam jelly and wine , I’m glad I listened to MB …..i did not cut it down in fact I planted some more seedlings , they are doing just fine ! So come on you lot pull your fingers out and do something to survive that you can have control over .
23 August 2024, 07:08,
(22 August 2024, 17:41)Straight Shooter Wrote: Yes it’s the only way forward for Any prepper old or young that’s where we will all end up growing our own food all people in my village did and depended on what they could produce , back then you eat what was in season and stored stuff in clamps to last through the winter , rabbits , chickens and even goats were kept , it will not be long before our yesterdays. Are relived , some well off souls kept pigs if they had ground or small holdings , as soon as my grandfather returned from WW 1 he bought a small holding with six acres , I milker and 1 beef cow three pigs 12 chucks , some ducks and two sheep , the veg patch was small but bountiful enough they got by everyone had to work the garden or allotments even both . These days there is NO excuse not to grow NONE
You can grow in buckets or any containers come to that ! But learn how to store food ! That’s equally inportant learn how to preserve and make jams , jellies and pickles it’s quite easy ! Especially when the snows down and your tucking in to last years sunshine in front of the glow of your wood stove ….theres nothing finer .
So buy Malt and whit destilled vinegar , sugar white and red wine vinegar best you do it now ! You will need it ! Very soon ….get it while you still can . Picking damsons this weekend they are ready and loads of them to nam jelly and wine , I’m glad I listened to MB …..i did not cut it down in fact I planted some more seedlings , they are doing just fine ! So come on you lot pull your fingers out and do something to survive that you can have control over .
exactly SS, everybody can grow something in a tub or container no matter how small their plot is, on a balcony on the patio, whatever, and its fun.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 August 2024, 10:46,
Iv started to grew hair from my ears...?
Survive the jive (youtube )
23 August 2024, 12:56,
(23 August 2024, 10:46)Sunna Wrote: Iv started to grew hair from my ears...?
I did that years ago.
23 August 2024, 13:45,
(22 August 2024, 09:04)bigpaul Wrote: trouble with preps even canned food and bottled water is its all finite and will get used up over time.
the problem comes when all this stuff is used up and one cannot access/ buy more, if people need this stuff to survive then they will fail.
learning to live with just the basics and getting everything else from nature or growing it oneself is the only way to survive.
keep it simple.
BP that is why I emphasise that the stocks are to see you over a short period and longer term ease the fall into one where you can grow your own.

In the initial stages anyone growing food will be raided and it will be stolen. Keep your head down live on your stocks and when you run out you will be stronger than any remaining and growing food for a small group can be hidden easily enough.

Preps are not for the long term although TPTB seem to think that when they come out of their bunkers they will go back to normal.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 August 2024, 14:23,
(23 August 2024, 13:45)Skean Dhude Wrote:
(22 August 2024, 09:04)bigpaul Wrote: trouble with preps even canned food and bottled water is its all finite and will get used up over time.
keep it simple.
BP that is why I emphasise that the stocks are to see you over a short period and longer term ease the fall into one where you can grow your own.

In the initial stages anyone growing food will be raided and it will be stolen. Keep your head down live on your stocks and when you run out you will be stronger than any remaining and growing food for a small group can be hidden easily enough.

Preps are not for the long term although TPTB seem to think that when they come out of their bunkers they will go back to normal.
that has always been my plans too SD, food stocks are to get us through until we can get in our first harvest, probably the following year when all the non prepared and raiders have long departed this existence.
its not only TPTB that think things will get back to normal, most of the general public think that too which is why they dont prepare.
4 September 2024, 22:36,
Made nine jars of damson jelly last weekend off the first picked batch …did not make a dent! Will do another batch this weekend , and will get on with the wine next , looking for pickling onions but I have some in the garden to do first …….i have loads of tomato's mostly green , so it’s green tomato chutney and relish to use them up and ready for christmas…..mint sauce to get done and some elderberry anti cold n flu mixture ready for winter .

This years honey is even better than last years , and there’s loads of it ! More brood boxes and more supers are required ….i have cut and milled all the cedar ready to put them all together including base and roof parts will head butt them together soon .wild child is busy with pies , pasties and bread …..cheese dreams vicky sponges ,cheese straws ,cakes ,we have emptied the one chest freezer ready for the new lodgers providing they pass my strict testing …yes it’s a dirty job …..but somebody has to maintain standards and that falls on my shoulders …. Yes I hear you Pete but I must decline your kind offer of help …but I take the job seriously I could not live with myself if you were to loose your fingers cramming stupid amounts in your mouth in an attempt to speed up the process thinking you are helping besides A&E are flat out down here …..and who will drive the camper van ? ….i am only thinking of you Pete ….you know it makes sense ! .
4 September 2024, 23:25,
Bug  RE: What have done towards your prep?
SS are you REALLY sure you can manage ?, we can be with you lunch time tomorrow, always ready to help a mate Smile .

Everyone.......take care......keep safe......illegitimi nil carborundum.

Shelter, security, water, food, cooking, heating, lighting, first aid, medication, communication, power, transport.
6 September 2024, 17:18,
Pete things didn’t go to plan ! Started with a stake pie ,then a pasty then on with a sausage roll to break things up I switched to a slice of Victoria sponge …..then I started to struggle ….she opened a tin full of Welsh cakes …three types in there my resistance had all but gone , like a fool I dived in head first ! After sampling all three types she snatched the tin out of my reach and put it away “ I know how many is left ….you greedy pig ! ….what she doesn’t know is I reset the 7 digit combination on the tin when she was not looking …I do not feel in the least any remorse at all ….im a complete and utter bas….i know but I just lost control …….btw I bought 8 kilos of pickling onions today !