Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morals and canibalism....
14 November 2011, 20:37, (This post was last modified: 14 November 2011, 20:39 by mikebratcher69.)
Morals and canibalism....
Scenario...
Many months after tshtf, foods running out, bad growing season or crops been raided, yourself your family if you have one close to starvation...
No deer in the woods, no chickens left...
when and would you consider long pig fritters?
personaly if my familys syrvival depended on it I think it'd be a hunting we will go, but how bout you....
that should read survival if you please not syrvival
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
14 November 2011, 23:25,
RE: Morals and canibalism....
I've already got the books and some recipes. Won't be first on my list but it's on the list.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 November 2011, 02:06,
Can you list books that you have? I find this interesting. I had a book on Whalers who were driven to cannabalism. I will look up the info and let you know its title and author. Kenneth Eames.
15 November 2011, 13:50,
Ken,

I bought Contingency Cannibalism a few years ago. Great talking point among my close friends and people that browse my visible bookshelves. I also recently bought To Serve Man
' but that is.... Ta da.... a cookbook but you knew that one.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 November 2011, 16:32,
Just wondering about the subject.

Would you actually go hunting for "long Pig" ?

Once you go down that route I imagine that not many of your friends would sleep easily at night for fear of being on the breakfast menu in the morning Big Grin

Yet another thing to check before joining a group post fall, am I going to be on the menu if food runs short ?

It's one thing to make a burger out of some meat you find if you are at deaths door, but to actually go out hunting for it is a step too far in my book, not just for moral or ethical reasons but also because if word got around about you doing it you would be hunted down yourself
15 November 2011, 17:13,
(14 November 2011, 20:37)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Scenario...
Many months after tshtf,

Aw crap! Do I have to wait many months??

I Have no problem with harvesting all that lovely pink meat if it means I'll survive. I wont be blatant about it and if I'm in a group i'll pretend to 'find' the 'unknown' meat by the side of the road or in a trap when I'm out hunting on my own.

There are so many fat people in this country that even after a few months they'll still have a bit of good flesh on 'em.

Who's that clip clopping over my bridge?
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

15 November 2011, 18:01,
(15 November 2011, 17:13)Reality Jones Wrote:
(14 November 2011, 20:37)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Scenario...
Many months after tshtf,

There are so many fat people in this country that even after a few months they'll still have a bit of good flesh on 'em.

why do you think i will survive long after the skinny's have perished?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 November 2011, 18:31,
It's possible but not going to be common. Many would die before they think about it and as you say if people jump into it as a first resort they will make themselves targets.

Oh JD you forgot to fill in the weight and height part of your sign up form. Wink
Skean Dhude
15 November 2011, 18:34,
Skinny as a rake me, nothing to eat here, move along Smile
15 November 2011, 18:41,
(15 November 2011, 18:34)JD1 Wrote: Skinny as a rake me, nothing to eat here, move along Smile

i always did like chewing on the bonesTongueTongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.