Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New to this so let's get started
2 August 2012, 15:22,
RE: New to this so let's get started
(2 August 2012, 15:11)Hrusai Wrote: well that gave me a good chuckle haha, nettles aint too bad, never been one for eating them myself Tongue nettle tea aint bad though Smile but learning to forage will be a valuable skill Big Grin

enjoy your stay dude ^^...and i dont think theres a single "normal" person on this forum, or ever will be xD

Normal ? you mean straights/sheeple?? well i hope there's not too many of them on here..they must all be freaking out with what they read on here!TongueBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 August 2012, 15:33,
(2 August 2012, 15:22)bigpaul Wrote: Normal ? you mean straights/sheeple?? well i hope there's not too many of them on here..they must all be freaking out with what they read on here!TongueBig Grin

this would've happened

[Image: 1620742673_532dd66d_mind_blown_xlarge.jpeg]
3 August 2012, 10:38,
Morning

Lizzie from the West Midlands. Good to have found a UK site worth reading. Never been much into forums, I am more a read it and store the information type so be kind to me if I am a bit slow off the mark.
I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel but it was some bastard with a torch bringing me more work
3 August 2012, 10:46,
Morning Lizzie, welcome just take your time and find your way round.
NR

3 August 2012, 11:12,
Lizzie, There is the main site. There is a lot of info there and we tend to discuss and fine tune here.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 August 2012, 19:32,
(3 August 2012, 10:38)Lizzie Wrote: Morning

Lizzie from the West Midlands. Good to have found a UK site worth reading. Never been much into forums, I am more a read it and store the information type so be kind to me if I am a bit slow off the mark.

welcome from dorset Smile have a gander through the main site like SD said, and theres more than a few great threads on here, if in doubt or needing specific answers or anything, just post a thread! 99% of the time someone will know the answer Smile

have fun and welcome to prepping Big Grin
3 August 2012, 21:19,
I know something that has been spoken about a bit is homesteading after but you dont seem to have any books about it so can I add a book to the list?

If so its called the compleate guide to self-sufficiency by John Seymour its got everything from how to care for your livestock, crop rotation, bottling and storing food, wine, beer and whiskey making right through to making a methane digester (makes methane gas from animal dung and you still have the dung to use as fertilizer after) and how to make your own bricks etc

I even checked the price for you when I was in waterstones this afternoon Big Grin its £25 (hardback for the newest edition (has been out since the 70's) and has an extra 100 pages that are not in the original)
4 August 2012, 00:20, (This post was last modified: 4 August 2012, 00:32 by Hrusai.)
(3 August 2012, 21:19)Ukprepper88 Wrote: I know something that has been spoken about a bit is homesteading after but you dont seem to have any books about it so can I add a book to the list?

If so its called the compleate guide to self-sufficiency by John Seymour its got everything from how to care for your livestock, crop rotation, bottling and storing food, wine, beer and whiskey making right through to making a methane digester (makes methane gas from animal dung and you still have the dung to use as fertilizer after) and how to make your own bricks etc

I even checked the price for you when I was in waterstones this afternoon Big Grin its £25 (hardback for the newest edition (has been out since the 70's) and has an extra 100 pages that are not in the original)

cheers for that mate!

i just checked and i have it in the ebook library i posted, ill quickly upload it for you seperately so you can have it for free!....am just uploading it now Smile
theres the link to the whole library i gathered, its roughly 950 mb in size, and includes over 430 ebooks, including the complete guide to self suffiency Smile

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37212962/Free%20...Library.7z

and if you only want the complete guide to self sufficiency im posting a link to that too
there the link

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37212962/The_Com...ciency.pdf

should be 25mb i didnt bother to compress it
*25.7mb
4 August 2012, 01:52,
Thanks Hrusai Smile I'll download it when I get my new laptop as I'm on iPod at the moment and the files too big... although knowing my iPod it'd throw a tantrum even if it wasn't Big Grin
4 August 2012, 02:27,
(4 August 2012, 01:52)Ukprepper88 Wrote: Thanks Hrusai Smile I'll download it when I get my new laptop as I'm on iPod at the moment and the files too big... although knowing my iPod it'd throw a tantrum even if it wasn't Big Grin

no worries mate, when i read your post i thought the name was familiar, so had a quick check and there it was!...happy to help, hope you find it useful Smile