• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New House
4 December 2012, 14:57,
RE: New House
Nice one buddy! Really pleased for you!

When's the house moving party Wink
4 December 2012, 14:59,
(4 December 2012, 14:57)BeardyMan Wrote: Nice one buddy! Really pleased for you!

When's the house moving party Wink
yeah!DITTO!TongueBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 December 2012, 15:26,
Good luck with the move, S13, and let us know when we can turn up for the party...

Now to start thinking of what house move gift to bring you guys...hmmm.....
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
4 December 2012, 18:20,
s13 you will need planning permission for poly tunnel......good luck mate !
4 December 2012, 21:11,
All the best for your move
4 December 2012, 21:11,
(4 December 2012, 18:20)Straight Shooter Wrote: s13 you will need planning permission for poly tunnel......good luck mate !

Only if it is going to be above 3m / cover more than 50% of the garden / be in his front or side garden.

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permiss...buildings/

My advice - do not buy anything in a conservation area or anything with any kind of listing against it and check the deeds for restrictive covenants before putting any offers in.

Then you are only restricted by general law and your own skill and ability rather than having to jump through a load of hoops for people who really should have no input what so ever into what you do with your property you bought with your own money.
4 December 2012, 21:29,
I hope the house hunting goes well for you both, maybe you are restricted to a certain area by work,.. but where ever you buy, be happy there
A major part of survival is invisibility.
5 December 2012, 13:55,
House has 3 reception rooms, 2 with fireplaces. One fireplace is gas, the other is wood.
3 reception rooms will be, library, sitting room, dining room. Dining room will be smallest one out the back of the house.
Kitchen, smallish, but has everything we need + uber storage space
2 bedrooms. One will be used, the other for storage, or will be housing my punch bag!!!

House warming party will be....a damn secret! I can't have Hagrid (no offence BP) getting drunk and trying to eat a neighbour! Speaking of which, can't have NR doing a butchering and skinning lesson on our cats. Pagan-Mist, will be making a stone circle in the garden. SD will be digging a nuke bunker......wait....that's not a bad idea..... haha

The garden is pretty big. So that's a MAJOR thing for me. Will be digging a big cache for food, then another for weapons/tools.

House also has nice understairs storage, which will be housing a shoty cabinet, when the wife says I'm allowed. Which shouldn't take too long.

Garden will house polytunnel, which will be my man cave!!! Testing alternative tech in there. Solar panel system, wind turbines, thermal mass heaters, aquaponics, etc.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 December 2012, 19:40,
Raised beds with square metre veg gardening would be a good idea mate. Good luck with the house hunting/move.Smile
6 December 2012, 10:04,
In the polytunnel, I'm going to build a rocket thermal mass heater first.

The raised beds will be on compressed earth thermal mass, energised/heated by solar gains. FUN FUN FUN!!!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin