Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Risk, Acceptable Risk and Unnecessary Risk
7 January 2012, 13:08,

Risk the decision making process we use hundreds of times each day, do we cross the road now or wait til the bus has gone, do I slurp that coffee or wait til its cooler, do I drive straight to the take away right past that bunch of teens throwing stones at the street lights or do I drive the safer long way round? , Its dark and I’m out of fresh milk do I walk through the council estate where the council settled multiple troublesome families or do I wait til tomorrow.

I live in a XXXX neighbourhood and in the last 15 years most other people from my ethnic and religious group have moved away, should I get out whilst I can?

Hmmm in the last five years the local nick has closed, the council has CCTV everywhere, the last of the local shops has shut down, the buses stop running at 7 pm, taxi drivers refuse to come here after dark, Little Albert is the only white Christian kid in his school and the school canteen only serves halal meat, The local heal center is now offering free annual X rays and scans to all the ethnic minority groups to scan for untreatable TB.

Do I send my 12 year old daughter to the comprehensive school a 2 miles away because the school bus has mesh screens and frequently gets stoned as it passes through the estates, or do I home school her or do I grow a pair and move as far from here as humanly possible.

Oh heck I need to get to the city on this train but three clearly Asian men all wearing rucksacks have boarded the train and are sat in my carriage, do I move carriage or get off the train or stay put.

So at work Shiela from personnel has told me that in the last three years 16 staff have moved out of town and now commute into work, five more are working from home, three have taken a pay grade drop to get a move to regional offices, and a few have taken out dsecured loans on their works pensions to shift their kids from the local comp school to the private day school outside the city.

The government has announced that its shutting down petrol stations and cell phone systems until the crisis has passed, should I go and meet up with other preppers and work out a course of action, should I say **** it we are bugging out, or do I wait and see.

Oooerrr I wonder why the TA has been called up and why isn’t my phone working?
I wonder why Tesco is shut and there are cops outside, do I go and ask the cops, get online to the prep community and see whats happening elsewhere?

“You actually gave up a deputy heads post at the city academy and accepted the post of head of year for less money at the village community school!! Are you barmy or do you know something I don’t”

Hey I could not get any rice or flour the shelves are empty, the delivery truck must be running late, but should I check on the forum to see if anyone else has seen similar shortages.

The government has announced its running a series of X ray programs and treatment programs but only among the ethnic minority groups in the community even though they are more likely to be resistant to the disease, the white community though more susceptible is not being treated or X rayed ( that one is factual)

Risks we all face em and we all have to live OR DIE with our decisions, but what is UNNECCESSARY risk ?

7 January 2012, 13:40,
RE: Risk, Acceptable Risk and Unnecessary Risk
Have you been doing a survey of my area lol.
I see a lot of the above happening more and more can't deny it, still feel I have a while yet though, not long I know but a few months before I would consider it an unnecessary risk.
7 January 2012, 13:55,
(7 January 2012, 13:40)Prep Girl Wrote: Have you been doing a survey of my area lol.
I see a lot of the above happening more and more can't deny it, still feel I have a while yet though, not long I know but a few months before I would consider it an unnecessary risk.

Nup Smile its pretty much the same story right across the UK, most of these examples I have heard from folks right across the country, Its not just Londonistan thats buggered its most large Uk cities.

7 January 2012, 14:18,
And with great speed! faster then many thought I think, this is going to be a very bad year, even I'm a little surprised at how fast things are going down hill, I thought we'd get the year at least.
7 January 2012, 14:23,
I still dont think its going to be one spectacular event, my instincts are its going to be the cumulative result of many things, food prices, fuel prices, unemployment, over crowding, falling public health, ethnic conflict, economic collapse, recession , Oh wait thats all happening now, Seriously I think its more like to be like a cancer sneaking up and doing its worst gradually until for many they realise they left it to late. For example i cant believe the change for the better with my family, their mental welbeing, their enjoyment of life, their reduced stress levels etc since we moved out here, YET we have never been so skint, so far from shops or liesure facilities etc, but we are so much chirpier and layed back even though we can not afford any luxuries.

7 January 2012, 14:40,
I'd love to be in your shoes in that regard NR, my O.H. is a die hard city dweller so thats a no go for me at the moment.
It's factored into my bug out plans though, as you put in your post above, theres many opportunities job wise, I'll be looking further away than I do now, thereby maybe forcing a move. But I have my plans, so when bug out time comes that'll be that.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
7 January 2012, 14:49,
No luxuries here any way, they went out the window when I started prepping, I'm only silly money better off working then I was sat on my bum on benefits, but even a few extra pounds has up'd my preps so it's all good.
7 January 2012, 14:55,
(7 January 2012, 14:40)mikebratcher69 Wrote: I'd love to be in your shoes in that regard NR, my O.H. is a die hard city dweller so thats a no go for me at the moment.

i'm like you in reverse Mike! i was brought up in a city, lived there for 43 years, then i met and married a country girl 12 years ago,she didnt like living in the city-although we lived in the suburbs, so we moved out and havent looked back since.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 January 2012, 16:26,
BastardoTongue
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
7 January 2012, 16:49,
Mike,

It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile... but I need the exercise.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin