Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suicides up!
23 January 2013, 14:34,
RE: Suicides up!
when the big depression hit USA lots of ex rich done a nose dive ,may be when the same happens here we will see the same ,and it will happen here not doubt
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
23 January 2013, 14:39,
fine by me, if anyone wants to commit suicide let them get on with it, it will leave plenty of room for the rest of us, actually the sooner the better-dont want to waste resources on someone that dosent need them.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 January 2013, 17:24,
Interestingly, suicide was illegal and the punishment of a failed attempt was the death sentence. How Ironic!!!

Now you get mental help and forced to live. Talk about TOTAL WASTE OF RESOURCES!!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
23 January 2013, 17:27,
(23 January 2013, 17:24)Scythe13 Wrote: Interestingly, suicide was illegal and the punishment of a failed attempt was the death sentence. How Ironic!!!

Now you get mental help and forced to live. Talk about TOTAL WASTE OF RESOURCES!!!!

ASSISTED suicide is still illegal thats why a lot of them go abroad to do it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 January 2013, 17:40, (This post was last modified: 23 January 2013, 17:42 by BDG.)
(23 January 2013, 14:30)bigpaul Wrote: thats no excuse for killing themselves, thats the cowards way out, it takes more courage to live.

LOL, that stupid old cliche. In reality it takes real balls for someone who is near enough sane to kill themselves and by doing so, for that period in time they are having more control of their lives than either your or I have.

What would you do if you were stabbed? Take the knife out and seek medical attention? Oh, that is the cowards way out. Suck it up, leave the knife in.

And stuff the waste of time suicide prevention nonsense, if people want to kill themselves, let them. Hell, I would lend them the rope if I knew I would get it back.
23 January 2013, 18:13, (This post was last modified: 23 January 2013, 18:15 by bigpaul.)
(23 January 2013, 17:40)BDG Wrote: LOL, that stupid old cliche. In reality it takes real balls for someone who is near enough sane to kill themselves and by doing so, for that period in time they are having more control of their lives than either your or I have.
oh borrocks, anyone who commits suicide is NOT of a sound mind, their usually at the end of their tether and cant see any other way out, if anything at that very moment they are actually IN-Sane!

in any case, i dont really GIVE A DAMN, but we are far better off not having them around especially AFTER TSHTF, it'll be bad enough dealing with the sane ones without having to deal with the mental cases.
23 January 2013, 18:17, (This post was last modified: 23 January 2013, 18:19 by Metroyeti.)
What about the poor people that jumped ob 9/11 either that or get cooked alive.

I have no objection to suicide and it should be allowed in this country, only objection to suicide is when people jump in front of trains/trucks ect, if your opting out please dont impact on someone elses life like that
23 January 2013, 18:21, (This post was last modified: 23 January 2013, 18:24 by bigpaul.)
(23 January 2013, 18:17)Metroyeti Wrote: What about the poor people that jumped ob 9/11 either that or get cooked alive.

i think that was something completely different. i dont think they left home that morning thinking "i'm going to commit suicide today".

[quote='Metroyeti' pid='42312' dateline='1358961478)
I have no objection to suicide and it should be allowed in this country, only objection to suicide is when people jump in front of trains/trucks ect, if your opting out please dont impact on someone elses life like that
[/quote]

you dont think they are bothered how it affects other people?? their only thought is that they want to end their pitiful little lives and to hell with everyone else!
23 January 2013, 18:37,
Several members of my family have killed themselves. Whilst a death always means some things have to be sorted out and this can add to the strains of everyday life,I was quite pleased they finally got what they wanted.

Whilst the vast majority of people who commit suicide are having mental health problems, plenty of people who are not having a problem and do not have such problems have killed themselves and will continue to do so. It is just that in certain cultures, suicide is seen as taboo to the point it goes that much against individual morals and a persons ethics they would have to be mad to do it.
23 January 2013, 18:48,
i'm not going to get into a discussion about culture and ethics, but i do think we will see a LOT of suicides POST SHTF, i have read remarks on other sites along the lines of " whats the point of living if i cant have my mobile phone/computer/Xbox/ Ipad/ foreign holidays/ standard of living/ etc.etc.etc."Big Grin my response is that the sooner they do it after TSHTF then the more resources that are left for those of us who DO want to go on living, my concern is with the living NOT the ones who WANT to die.