Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Anti Terrorism Radio Advert
3 March 2013, 15:02,
RE: New Anti Terrorism Radio Advert
its amazing that when setting yourself up in order to survive a hard time or maybe just educate yourself a little you could end up with the po po at your door.
Winter is coming
3 March 2013, 15:04,
thats why i am very strict about my OPSEC.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 March 2013, 15:15,
(3 March 2013, 11:47)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Doesn't the advert say "paid cash for my car & didn't want to even take it for a test drive". Obviously that would be suspicious to anyone (or it should be). Who has honestly bought something 2nd hand off a complete stranger & never tested it to see if its working as it should? I bet not a single person in here. If you have then IMO you're a bit daft Smile

i have bought three or four vehicles untested, sight unseen even and without a test drive cos i wanted em for spares to rebuild another vehicle.

I once bought a complete Reliant Scimitar just for its rear axle.

3 March 2013, 15:47,
The French have a saying ad it's so wise: "To live hidden is to live happily". Make life harder for people who snitch on you because you have a nice new car or because your baby cries "too much" at night.
3 March 2013, 19:34,
(3 March 2013, 11:47)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Personally I think it's a great method of information gathering. I would rather the police investigated 100 innocent people (including myself or any family member) than not investigate 1 person who then packs the large amount of chemicals into the car they bought for cash without testing it & blowing myself or a loved on up.

Just my 2 penny's worth

I'm a tad disappointed you think that way. Of course it is up to you but personally i don't want to be investigated. If it isn't an issue for you why don't you get a terrorist check up and inform on yourself. Let us know how it went.

All this does is get a million false positives and there isn't enough resources to check them all so the bad guys fall through the holes just like the 7/7 bombers.

Wankers.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 March 2013, 19:45,
My dad got detained every time we came back from my granparents in n.ireland. Im sure plenty of irish people still get hastle in certain areas hust because of there accent. But tptb are "racist" if they do this to muslims
3 March 2013, 20:05, (This post was last modified: 3 March 2013, 20:06 by cryingfreeman.)
(3 March 2013, 19:45)Metroyeti Wrote: My dad got detained every time we came back from my granparents in n.ireland. Im sure plenty of irish people still get hastle in certain areas hust because of there accent. But tptb are "racist" if they do this to muslims

Used to happen to us (my parents, sister and me) when we were kids going on holiday via Gatwick of Heathrow. Only one community in NI was wishing for a United Ireland; the other (ours) was and remains red-white-and-blue British all the way, so we really resented being treated like that just because we had the misfortune to share an accent and region with the other lot.

*Gatwick OR Heathrow...
3 March 2013, 22:48,
(3 March 2013, 19:34)Skean Dhude Wrote:
(3 March 2013, 11:47)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Personally I think it's a great method of information gathering. I would rather the police investigated 100 innocent people (including myself or any family member) than not investigate 1 person who then packs the large amount of chemicals into the car they bought for cash without testing it & blowing myself or a loved on up.

Just my 2 penny's worth

I'm a tad disappointed you think that way. Of course it is up to you but personally i don't want to be investigated. If it isn't an issue for you why don't you get a terrorist check up and inform on yourself. Let us know how it went.

All this does is get a million false positives and there isn't enough resources to check them all so the bad guys fall through the holes just like the 7/7 bombers.

Wankers.

I'm not saying I would want to be investigated. I said I would rather they investigated reports of suspicious activity than didn't. Lets face it, they won't find much on me except a bit extra food & a few legally held weapons. I've got nothing to hide from anyone. Imagine if you saw something you knew in your heart wasnt right & you rang the police or whoever & they done nothing, then the people you reported blew up on of your loved ones. You would be furious (rightly so).

As for this whole opsec, I can understand wanting to keep a low profile in your local area. But do you really think the checkout lad or lass at morrisons cares if you're buying 50 tins of beans & 24 extra bog roll? I know when I worked in a supermarket I didn't care & we certainly weren't asked to report it or anything.
4 March 2013, 09:54,
i dont buy 50 tins of beans or 24 bog rolls at a time, i buy a 4 pack of beans and a pack of 10 bog rolls at a time, thats how i've built up our food stores and it didnt take long, no need to arouse suspicion if you dont have to. mind you we eat a lot of fresh food and dont use many tins per week, we put out 2 or 3 tins a week for recycling thats all we use.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 March 2013, 22:01,
The Government hate off-gridders,preppers,survivalists,"conspiracy theorists", and anyone else who is in any way different to the majority.In the build up to a collapse, I wouldn't be shocked if We started hearing radio ads like this
"We as a nation are in times of deep strife, and we need to pull together.There are those who have more than their fair share, something which will lead to the downfall of our great nation.If you have any information on hoarders within your community, please contact the authorities"