Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No really, can YOU do that?
8 March 2013, 15:04, (This post was last modified: 8 March 2013, 15:08 by Luci_ferson.)
RE: No really, can YOU do that?
(8 March 2013, 13:50)Tartar Horde Wrote: If you take an example from history and look at the sea voyages of days gone by etc, the only safe way to keep meat was salting, and it was invariably salt Beef or Pork. They heavily salted their meat to stop any chance of contamination, this made the meat inebible before it was soaked to get rid of excess salt. The same can be done with fish ie (baccaloa salt Cod) but you have to soak it overnight.
Mentioning Lamb I reckon smoked Lamb might taste ok, or am I being weird lol

im hoping smoked lamb works or im knackered, i dont have access to cows or pigs

and garden centre was a pointless trip, i forgot we live in a workd were even the terracotta pots are plastic.

(8 March 2013, 14:55)bigpaul Wrote: yeah, i think a deer(unless its a munkjac) is too big an animal for lone wolfs or small groups, i'm more used to rabbits and pheasants and they go into a game stew.

I really need some hunting lessons, pheasant and other game are all within walking distance to me.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
8 March 2013, 15:16,
(8 March 2013, 15:04)Luci_ferson Wrote: I really need some hunting lessons, pheasant and other game are all within walking distance to me.

yep we've got : Deer(mainly Red some Roe), Rabbits, Pheasants, Squirrels, pigeons, wild Boar, lot and lots of SheepBig Grin and chickensTongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 March 2013, 15:18,
Luci, are you near the coast? If so & you haven't already, learn to fish.
8 March 2013, 15:19,
and check out any rock pools!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 March 2013, 15:20,
(8 March 2013, 15:19)bigpaul Wrote: and check out any rock pools!!Big Grin

Once your hook is in the water.
8 March 2013, 15:23,
(8 March 2013, 15:20)Geordie_Rob Wrote:
(8 March 2013, 15:19)bigpaul Wrote: and check out any rock pools!!Big Grin

Once your hook is in the water.

i meant for crabs and shrimps and any fish, at LOW tide of course!Big Grin and dont forget to look for drift wood and anything useful washed up.
8 March 2013, 15:24, (This post was last modified: 8 March 2013, 15:27 by Luci_ferson.)
the sea near me cant really be considered as a food source. it has a nuclear power station and loads of factories using it as coolants.

not sure if the ban is still in place but it used to be gov. guidlines not to eat anything from the sea between seaham, and redcar. im right between the two.

hopefully il get to know some clever hunter close by, that would swapp a nice deer leg for all the veges he can carry lol
8 March 2013, 15:27,
There's a lot of sea to dilute the pollutants mate. I'm not too far away & eat the fish. Nowt wrong with me. I've got the same 3 eyes & 12 toes as everyone else Smile
8 March 2013, 15:31, (This post was last modified: 8 March 2013, 15:41 by Luci_ferson.)
winkles are great but you get thick green crap for 3 days if you eat to many.

I can see my diet consisting of a lot of wild birds eggs .

actually your right geordierob it dont matter that i dont like fish, if im hungry enough id eat my own arm. so im bound to eat that fish long before then.

and it dont take much fuel to cook a fish, (big advantage)
9 March 2013, 11:47,
(8 March 2013, 15:31)Luci_ferson Wrote: winkles are great but you get thick green crap for 3 days if you eat to many.

I can see my diet consisting of a lot of wild birds eggs .

actually your right geordierob it dont matter that i dont like fish, if im hungry enough id eat my own arm. so im bound to eat that fish long before then.

and it dont take much fuel to cook a fish, (big advantage)

WINKLES!!!! I have'nt had them for years, brings back memories of Whitby and Bridlington as a kid, sniff sniff