Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
To FAC or not to?
8 March 2013, 19:54,
RE: To FAC or not to?
I would say yes. Just put away anything prepper related (questionable reading material etc) and try to come across like your typical British gun owner.

You could also write off some of the monthly allowance for ammunition as shot and cache it instead, but that would be illegal so don't even think about it.

You could also lose your gun in a tragic boating accident should they ever be banned.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
8 March 2013, 20:06,
I think you would be wrong ( london riots ) if that continued a bit longer they would come looking for guns...they know what you have and they would take the lot....get yourself backup weapons S13
8 March 2013, 20:09,
Is ammo serial numbered in GB? As long as the total is under your permitted limit you shoudl have no legal repercussions if some happens to be stored at your allotment or in a hollow tree down the road.

If properly stored in airtight containers it will last indefinately, even under adverse temperature conditions.

In 1970 I was given some 12ga papercase shells that were 20 years old at that time. Back in October I killed a coyote with one of those nearly 60 year old shells.
8 March 2013, 20:19,
There was a nice video of a guy who made a 12g zip gun. It might be useful knowledge to have if your guns got taken from you.

Obviously never make 1 & use it. That's really bad. And we're all good here.
8 March 2013, 20:21,
British shotgun law is a strange bird.You cant buy shotgun ammunition without a certificate but you can own it without one.Yes definately get at least the shotgun licence,at the moment it's still relatively simple to get.Also it's a fun challenging sport.Some of the nicest people i meet are at the shooting range .
8 March 2013, 20:23,
(8 March 2013, 20:19)Geordie_Rob Wrote: There was a nice video of a guy who made a 12g zip gun. It might be useful knowledge to have if your guns got taken from you.

any link to that one GR??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 March 2013, 20:55, (This post was last modified: 8 March 2013, 21:05 by Geordie_Rob.)
Search 12g zip gun on google. Brings up a few "interesting" articles. Same search on YouTube brings up the videos.

You found them Paul?
8 March 2013, 21:10,
As you have already said they already know all there is to know about you, so I would personally go for the FAC, and be legal.

I doubt that the plod would be looking for guns unless you have somehow given them reason to do so,... and remember that you need a license to buy your ammo

It is looking like Scotland will be going for the license for air rifles next month, I will be applying for mine, if I don't get it I will just store it, and if anyone asks I will tell them I have sold it,.. all I need to carry out to do that, is to make sure I don't sell to anyone under the age of 18yrs

Incidentally, some of the answers are referring to shotguns, but its a different license for shotguns, shotguns have to have a shotgun license, and rim fire guns need a Fire Arms cert
A major part of survival is invisibility.
9 March 2013, 00:18,
As for possible gun confiscation in a shtf scenario, as with anything,it is possible, but doubt it,there are more SGC and FAC holders than there are armed police and in a collapse, a lot of them would take their weapons and magazines from the armouries, and go home to protect their loved ones as the cahos unfolds.
9 March 2013, 01:40,
(8 March 2013, 20:23)bigpaul Wrote:
(8 March 2013, 20:19)Geordie_Rob Wrote: There was a nice video of a guy who made a 12g zip gun. It might be useful knowledge to have if your guns got taken from you.

any link to that one GR??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Va87gB_4AI

Nothing needed but a hacksaw, an electric drill and a couple of files.

1" pipe is needed for 12 ga.

A larger pipe with end cap/firing pen that slide over the barrel.

These were once known as Philipene Gurillia Guns due to their use by Philipene nationals against the Japaneese in WW2.

The principle works for any caliber you can find a pipe to fit.

Oddly enough, a lot of standard calibers fit the normal waterpipe that is available in any hardware store.

.22/.25/.32/.410 all fit standard pipe sizes. 20 ga fits seamless tube with 5/8" ID.