Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
To FAC or not to?
9 March 2013, 12:06,
RE: To FAC or not to?
Does anyone know anything about ammo? Is blank ammo just the same as normal but without the "bullet" bit that comes out the end of the gun? Or for instance, 12g blank shells. Are they filled with the normal black powder or whatever is used to make a normal 12g shell go bang & discharge the shot? I know the blanks are a lot shorter than normal shells.

Any feedback anyone? Just a curiosity of course. Not planning anything naughty or dangerous. :p
10 March 2013, 07:51,
blank ammo come in two forms , the blanks for real firearms which is just like real ammo with out the projectile and requires a fire arms license and the blank ammo for replica weapons which looks more like primer caps, in different sizes depending on the caliber which do not require a license
10 March 2013, 09:34,
after reading this thread and one tha SD had done earlier, ive decided it really would be a good idea to atleast attempt to get a shotgun licence.
I had a 10 year firearms ban about 20 years ago so this has obviously been long since expired.
(my offence was not firearms related, but a jail sentance was imposed and with it the ban)

would this actually affect my application.

I have been arrested once since then, but was released uncharged under caution (canabis) 4 years ago.

preferably some advice from someone that knows as id really rather not be throwing £50 away on a an application that would be pointless.
Gun cabinets aint cheap either.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
10 March 2013, 10:44,
Sythe I would definatly apply to get your license.

Luci im not sure how they deal with convictions on firearm license. I know with the security badges you carnt get one if you have a conviction within the last 5years, some crimes are seen as mistakes/accidents when your younger but violent ones eg armed robbery will prevent you.
10 March 2013, 10:46, (This post was last modified: 10 March 2013, 10:52 by Luci_ferson.)
thanks metroyeti , thats what i though, my crime that I got the ban for was indirect violence so it probably would still count.
best not to waste the money.

somethings are forgiven, but theyre never forgotten.

I was passenger in a vehicle , throwing things at a police car.
I reckon they will now do anything to make sure I am never armed even if it was so long ago.

can hardly blame them really thinking about it. I wouldnt want someone armed who had thrown projectiles at me from a moving vehicle.

shame some of us are so stupid when young.
10 March 2013, 18:44,
It would cost you nothing to go to your local bobby shop and be open and frank with them and simply ask for their advice.

Try and have a good reason for wanting one,.. I would have a shotgun club in mind before asking

Often openness is rewarded
A major part of survival is invisibility.
10 March 2013, 19:13,
sadly prepping for TEOTWAWKI wont go down as a good reason for wanting one. lmao
10 March 2013, 19:24,
Theres a gunclub in sunderland, mabye inquire about doing some shooting, then mrntion you want apply for license but not sure if you can. Might work in your favour as they can store your firearms and be referances for your application.
10 March 2013, 19:43, (This post was last modified: 10 March 2013, 19:44 by Luci_ferson.)
theres a gun club where i live but I believe its indoor and they dont use il have to ask him for more info.

was meant to say and they dont use shotguns (could be wrong though)
15 March 2013, 18:30,
We're fortunate here in Texas - no license needed to buy a firearm or ammunition, and a strong "castle-doctrine" law which in our town at least has pretty much eliminated the crime of "burglary of an occupied dwelling". As far as a list of gun owners here, the local phone book would probable be as accurate as anything the government could come up with.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!