Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Toilet Paper storage
11 March 2013, 16:51,
RE: Toilet Paper storage
If you've got a vacuum sealer you can flatten and seal normal bog roll, they're fairlycheap off ebay.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
11 March 2013, 17:16,
already planning on getting one anyway, store a few vac bags with winter clothes and bedding in the roofspace at allotment.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
11 March 2013, 17:18,
Make sure they're totally sealed. I stored some fishing clothing in my shed & when I took them out they were mouldy. I must've ripped the bag they were in & the cold & damp ruined them.
11 March 2013, 17:20, (This post was last modified: 11 March 2013, 17:21 by Luci_ferson.)
(11 March 2013, 17:18)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Make sure they're totally sealed. I stored some fishing clothing in my shed & when I took them out they were mouldy. I must've ripped the bag they were in & the cold & damp ruined them.

i can imagine the smell, and my stomache just flipped.

did you get your answer by the way, i tried sending pm but kept saying unsent.
11 March 2013, 17:25,
The smell wasn't that bad. They were clean before I stored them.

I did yes. Just never got round to responding Smile
11 March 2013, 17:29, (This post was last modified: 11 March 2013, 17:29 by Luci_ferson.)
no sweat.

reason my stomach flipped was i rememberd going camping and putting tent up , then i pulled my sleeping bag out of its sack and it was rotting mouldy. the smell was horrendous and i was sat in the tent when i pulled it out of the sack.

that was also clean before storage, but something must have leaked in from somewhere , no idea what it was but it wasnt nice.

wouldnt surprise me if there wasnt something dead in the middle,
11 March 2013, 19:57,
I'm not bothering with toilet rolls, bulky and difficult to store and if they get damp forget it. I much prefer baby wipes, more versatile, flat packed and will last if you use them sparingly, they're also a bit more hygienic. They're also a great item for a BOB. I never go anywhere without them, you can even have a quick combat wash with them. Even if they dry out you can still use them.
Power to the people!
11 March 2013, 20:08, (This post was last modified: 11 March 2013, 20:08 by Luci_ferson.)
ive got wet wipes packed, wouldnt leave home without them.

wasnt planning on using them as touilet roll though
11 March 2013, 21:53,
We are also storing baby wipes for all cleansing uses, I would rather store something that I can use and use again if possible, as opposed to use once and throw away.

So whats wrong with washing baby wipes when used as toilet paper,... we are not talking posh stuff here, we are talking about surviving and making do in a situation where all things will start to run out from day one

Its like babies nappies, would a woman through away a nappy a day?, they wouldn't last long if she did, no, she would wash them,..... its the same with baby wipes, except a lot easier

use them, place in a bucket to soak with a little bleach, wash and dry,.... you could have a few packets just for toilet paper, and use and use again
A major part of survival is invisibility.
11 March 2013, 21:58,
ive a fealing im gonna be eating about half as much as i do now maybe less, so hopefully il crap about half as much too. lol