Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
a strange observation
6 April 2013, 17:40,
RE: a strange observation
well the ones up here it only says
Civil Enforcement Officers

so it could cover just about anything from making sure you lawn is trimmed.
right up to checking your shopping bags for dangerous items or the wrong coloured jeans.
who knows what they've got planned.
its a suspicious name for a traffic warden.

why cant we just call them traffic wardens anymore.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
6 April 2013, 17:44,
Wish they would fine people who spit or litter, would make ten fold what they make on car tickets.
6 April 2013, 17:49,
i'm sorry but i think i've only EVER had one parking ticket my whole life, if we go somewhere i always put extra time on the ticket, if we think we're going to be an hour or so we put 2 hours on the ticket, OH used to be a car park attendant 15 years ago before we got married and we've heard ALL the excuses.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 April 2013, 17:54,
being a non driver, I kind of like parking wardens.
they've never done me no harm.
and like big paul just said.

if it stays max stay is 30 mins. get back in 20
if you think you may take longer park elsewhere.

if you need to pay to be there. pay for longer than you need.

ok I understand you will get the odd git of a warden whol fine you for being 3 inches over a yellow line.
but you get those people in all jobs.
I think its actually a qualification you need if you want to be a politician.
6 April 2013, 18:17,
i think in North Devon they are just Parking Enforcement Officers, you used to have Traffic Wardens who controlled parking on the street, and Car park attendants who controlled the car parks only, now i think they are responsible for both....and thats it, not how long your grass is, or whats in your shopping or any of the other conspiracy theories, just PARKING.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 April 2013, 18:31,
it will be interesting to see if something comes of this, ive been predicting a civil uprising for a while now. this might just be another step towards it.
Winter is coming
6 April 2013, 18:48, (This post was last modified: 6 April 2013, 18:52 by Luci_ferson.)
well we went on out work, but it was probably in the wrong direction. since we headed out of town and not into town.

the only sticker we saw today was one of the ones we had seen yesterday because its at the same crossing.
its been half peeled off but the lower half said

tear down their mansions.

if it wasn't for the fact I know the others were aimed at political representatives.

id just put it down to anarchists.

it probably is just anarchist.
only time will tell what effect they are having if any at all.

Like bigpaul said before. most sheeple probably wont even notice them. they are only 2iches tall by 3 inches across.

but maybe they aint meant to be aimed at the sheeple.

for as long as they are only in one town I reckon theyre pretty harmless
il worry about them if they start popping up all over the uk.
7 April 2013, 18:46, (This post was last modified: 7 April 2013, 18:54 by Luci_ferson.)
(6 April 2013, 17:44)Metroyeti Wrote: Wish they would fine people who spit or litter, would make ten fold what they make on car tickets.

they already fine people for littering.
my friend was sat on my front doorstep smoking and flicked his butt away then came inside.
within 2 mins 2 people knocked on the door and fined him
and loads of others get caught too.
what baffles me is its always for cigarette buts. yet theres litter all over the place.

As for fines for spitting they tried to get that one through about 2 years ago.
its been quiet since so theyl probably be slipping it in sometime soon.

just like the laws that came into force last night that now allows 4 places in the uk to store the entirety of every website that ends in .co.uk including all tweets and facebook posts.
the only thing theyre not allowed to store is emails

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22028738

Millions of tweets, Facebook status updates and even a blog about a bus shelter in Shetland are to be preserved for the nation.

The British Library and four other "legal deposit libraries'" have the right to collect and store everything that is published online in the UK.

It is estimated around a billion pages a year will be available for research.

It follows 10 years of planning and will also offer visitors access to material currently behind paywalls.
7 April 2013, 19:06,
To be honest I'm surprised that officials haven't been targeted yet. It seems to be a Brit trait that we take so much and then top ourselves. What happened to the Brit spirit that wouldn't put up with all this?

Sounds like someone is wanting to get the ball rolling. I'd keep out of the way if I were you.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 April 2013, 19:48, (This post was last modified: 7 April 2013, 19:53 by Luci_ferson.)
I plan too.
I was going to photograph a few but decided otherwise,
no point needlessly drawing attention to myself from anyone.

if I start seeing a 12 monkeys logo, im packing everything and off up to visit highlander, or down to see BigPaul
im far too close to teeside airport.