Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Motorbike as a BOV, help please.
18 March 2013, 17:53,
RE: Motorbike as a BOV, help please.
(18 March 2013, 16:58)Tonka Wrote:
(18 March 2013, 16:46)Scythe13 Wrote: The Rat Bike thing does sound like fun.....but I can't weld....never had an opportunity to learn to do so.
But you can drill and bolt! that's all you need... and of course hack bits off with an angle grinder... we are talking Rat here!
I used to weld, untill a little, um, fire involving oxyacetylene canisters that required the evacuation of the village, and made national news... but lets not get into that.

I don't have any welding kit anymore, but that doesn't stop me.

Oh, you will also need to be able to spray matt black and olive drab spray paint... I think you could manage all that though.

Guess what I'll be looking into this weekend!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
18 March 2013, 18:14,
You should get one of those mobility scooters, those fu##ers do about 90mph on the road and the pavement. I nearly got flattened by one the other day!
Respect existence or expect resistance!
18 March 2013, 18:17,
(18 March 2013, 18:14)Ghost Wrote: You should get one of those mobility scooters, those fu##ers do about 90mph on the road and the pavement. I nearly got flattened by one the other day!

yeah, some of the bigger ones cant half shift!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 April 2013, 10:52,
Got a Disco 300tdi that would use as main BOV, however, if thing really did go belly-up I'd liberate something like a dr400 suzuki and a moped to throw on top of the trailer on route for scouting and other duties once on location. (Moped for the mrs Wink )
8 April 2013, 12:49,
I think the C90 suggestion is rather good. Plenty of spares, very basic to repair and to be honest, a half decent off road capability, more than enough for a novice rider. Sure it won't cruise at 80 mph, but post shtf where will there be enough open road ?

Parts can be bought cheaply and are small enough to store along with your tins of beans and tubs of salt.
8 April 2013, 12:59,
(8 April 2013, 12:49)madaxman Wrote: I think the C90 suggestion is rather good. Plenty of spares, very basic to repair and to be honest, a half decent off road capability, more than enough for a novice rider. Sure it won't cruise at 80 mph, but post shtf where will there be enough open road ?

Parts can be bought cheaply and are small enough to store along with your tins of beans and tubs of salt.

C90, cf70, anything like that would do, put panniers and racks on it you'd be surprised what you can carry, one week when we didnt have a car wife came back on hers carrying a weeks worth of shopping, if you drop the bike you can easily pick it up again unlike my chop.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 April 2013, 12:59,
post tshtf where are you gonna get spares from?

hardly any bike breakers up my way anymore tbh!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
8 April 2013, 13:01,
(8 April 2013, 12:59)Binnie Wrote: post tshtf where are you gonna get spares from?

bike spares like anything else you prep for, i dont know any biker that hasnt got at least a box full of spare parts.
8 April 2013, 13:48,
(8 April 2013, 13:01)bigpaul Wrote:
(8 April 2013, 12:59)Binnie Wrote: post tshtf where are you gonna get spares from?

bike spares like anything else you prep for, i dont know any biker that hasnt got at least a box full of spare parts.

oh aye i know, i had spare tanks and allsorts for my bike......

BUT..... its a bug out vehicle, as in leaving your house and possibly never coming back! what use is a box of spares sitting in your house?
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
8 April 2013, 13:51,
(8 April 2013, 13:48)Binnie Wrote:
(8 April 2013, 13:01)bigpaul Wrote:

oh aye i know, i had spare tanks and allsorts for my bike......

BUT..... its a bug out vehicle, as in leaving your house and possibly never coming back! what use is a box of spares sitting in your house?
DOH!!no use at all, put them in a pannier and take them with you! or at least i would!