Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SO WHATS THE CONSENSUS OF OPINION
9 April 2013, 16:48, (This post was last modified: 9 April 2013, 16:49 by Luci_ferson.)
RE: SO WHATS THE CONSENSUS OF OPINION
ive already got the bad back, but its intermittent. (arthritis)
the thought of a slipped disc or something serious after tshhtf is a nightmare.
its not like i could just ask someone else to do all my lifting and digging.
and my son cant lift a shovel if its full.

id be pretty much up the proverbial creak.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
9 April 2013, 16:53,
(9 April 2013, 16:48)Luci_ferson Wrote: ive already got the bad back, but its intermittent. (arthritis)
the thought of a slipped disc or something serious after tshhtf is a nightmare.
its not like i could just ask someone else to do all my lifting and digging.
and my son cant lift a shovel if its full.

id be pretty much up the proverbial creak.

yes, i've got osteo-arthritis but its not a problem unless i stand still talking to someone, if i keep moving its not a problem, so i go for long walks with the dog.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2013, 16:57,
im okey as long as it keeps moving too.
but a few days of digging the garden usually leaves me with a bad back for months.
I spend a lot of the time laid flat on the floor i find it causes a strange pleasant ache that also takes away the pain lol

like when you've got tooth ache and you have to press on it.
9 April 2013, 17:02,
(9 April 2013, 16:57)Luci_ferson Wrote: im okey as long as it keeps moving too.
but a few days of digging the garden usually leaves me with a bad back for months.

an old boy at one of my allotments used to say "a little and often, a little and often", makes sense. or like us go for raised beds and "no dig" gardening.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2013, 17:12,
im already looking into doing the other half in raised beds .
the greenhouse is being installed tomorrow. so il build in the internal shelving.

if ive got enough wood left over for stakes il get some cheap decking and make raised beds.
9 April 2013, 17:17,
(9 April 2013, 17:12)Luci_ferson Wrote: im already looking into doing the other half in raised beds .
the greenhouse is being installed tomorrow. so il build in the internal shelving.

if ive got enough wood left over for stakes il get some cheap decking and make raised beds.
good thinking.
9 April 2013, 17:23,
may as well do the work now whilst the back still works. it might be gone in a few years.
9 April 2013, 17:35,
any exercise will do it good, its staying sedentry and not moving that does the damage.
9 April 2013, 17:37, (This post was last modified: 9 April 2013, 17:38 by Luci_ferson.)
so true,
it was a long period of inactivity that's caused the damage to progress so fast

alcoholism isn't fun, but atleast its your own fault.
9 April 2013, 17:41,
(9 April 2013, 17:37)Luci_ferson Wrote: so true,
it was a long period of inactivity that's caused the damage to progress so fast

alcoholism isn't fun, but atleast its your own fault.

wouldnt know, i got regularly drunk when my second marriage ended abruptly, i was trying to drown my sorrows but the damn things can float, so i gave up trying(20 years ago..i've been tea(well coffee) total for the last 10 years).