Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
But would you?
12 April 2013, 07:11,
RE: But would you?
hell yes i would, im already planning on getting a fac when im in a better position to get one, want a .308 (dta srs covert, check it out, same length as an mp5 but accurate to around a 1000yards, and you can swap out the barrels in a few seconds to go upto a .338 LM) and also a ruger 10/22 breakdown Smile

if i could i would have several rifles, a few pistols and a couple of shotungs
12 April 2013, 12:35,
Can I ask the shooters from the UK a question, if you handload your ammunition can you only make as many rounds as it says you can hold on your license?
Any shooters from North America
Are there limits on how much ammunition you can have?
12 April 2013, 12:45,
i started reloading myself a few weeks ago and before i started i asked the same question , the answer is yes you can only hold made up ammo to your limit to hold but can hold unlimited cases /primers but , only up up your limit set on your FAC for powder
12 April 2013, 12:59,
Is handloading pretty efficient as far as numbers of rounds you can make, or more about perfecting your load.
12 April 2013, 16:37,
(12 April 2013, 12:59)Tartar Horde Wrote: Is handloading pretty efficient as far as numbers of rounds you can make, or more about perfecting your load.

Yes to both questions. It is not either/or. that is espically true with your 250 round limit on possession.

The rounds are cheaper to build and since you have complete control over quality of input and meeting the requirements of your particular firearm you can obtaine better accuracy.

I have one 7.62 NATO rifle that will only give 4-6' groups at 100 yards with factory made or military ammo. That same rifle will shoot my carefully made and tailored reloads into 3/8" @ 100.

Im my area primers are $.03, proijectiles are $.30 and powder an estimated $.05. for total reload cost of $.38.

Factory bought ammo is $1 per round on the average. surplus in most calibers might go $.50-$.75.

That is if you can find any ammo in the U.S. these days. Most of the outlets are stripped bare due to our present Gun Control panic.
12 April 2013, 17:32,
(12 April 2013, 04:07)Mortblanc Wrote: Note that I have been noticably quiet so far!

Last autumn I had a visitor over from GB.

By the time she had been here 48 hours she had fired more weapons, from more countries, in more calibers, than any soldier in the British Army outside the SAS.

She had not shot in 30 years but only took about five minutes coaching to consistantly keep her rounds from my scoped Mosin inside 2 inches at 100 yds. And she espically liked my tricked out Enfield scout rifle.

I am not sure what your point is here, unless it is to say that she would also buy weapons,.......many people are naturally good shots, but you could easily have had a friend who couldn't shoot for toffee
A major part of survival is invisibility.
12 April 2013, 18:27,
No more point that the other two dozen "I wouod buy one" posts.

At least my friend had some exposure to more than one firearm and more than one type, and could make a valid decision based on more than the fables of a bygone era or the educational experiences of a video game.
12 April 2013, 21:15,
(12 April 2013, 18:27)Mortblanc Wrote: No more point that the other two dozen "I wouod buy one" posts.

At least my friend had some exposure to more than one firearm and more than one type, and could make a valid decision based on more than the fables of a bygone era or the educational experiences of a video game.

Yes I can see that,.. its always good to get experience with different firearms, its the reason I would chose a single shot rifle [ with a magazine ],..and probably a 9mm Browning,..a little old fashioned maybe, but reliable
A major part of survival is invisibility.
12 April 2013, 22:01,
I would jump at the chance to own firearms, especially if they did not require registration. That way, If they ever changed their mind, they would not be able to find them!

I would want to build a suitable battery, ala Mel Tappam. It would include things like a defensive pistol, a working gun (revolver), pump shotgun, scoped rifle and a *gasp* military style semi-auto with removable magazines, at least.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
12 April 2013, 22:49,
(12 April 2013, 22:01)Tibbs735 Wrote: I would jump at the chance to own firearms, especially if they did not require registration. That way, If they ever changed their mind, they would not be able to find them!

I would want to build a suitable battery, ala Mel Tappam. It would include things like a defensive pistol, a working gun (revolver), pump shotgun, scoped rifle and a *gasp* military style semi-auto with removable magazines, at least.

Tappin had some good survival theory.

But it was exactly that for him, untested theory.

He was paralyzed from the waist down and restricted to a wheelchair for most of his life.