Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
What have done towards your prep?
20 May 2013, 14:49,
RE: What have done towards your prep?
(20 May 2013, 14:43)Binnie Wrote: surveyed most of my BOI (bug out island)

absoloutely no sign of any human being there, though there are deer tracks!!! some fox tracks and assorted edible foliage.

sounds good, now all you need is a boat!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 May 2013, 16:14,
Three chickens and their home. This month it will be a solar panel and I'll wire it up to cover the outside freezer and see how that goes.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
20 May 2013, 16:31,
(20 May 2013, 14:49)bigpaul Wrote:

absoloutely no sign of any human being there, though there are deer tracks!!! some fox tracks and assorted edible foliage.

how do you think i got there? Big Grin

i did try by foot, but gave up when the water got to my waist and almost swept me away!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
20 May 2013, 16:39,
(20 May 2013, 16:31)Binnie Wrote:
(20 May 2013, 14:49)bigpaul Wrote:

how do you think i got there? Big Grin

i did try by foot, but gave up when the water got to my waist and almost swept me away!
ok that's sorted, how about a shelter?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 May 2013, 16:42,
a shelter is always in my bergen,

there is more wood than i could burn in a lifetime on the island, and i'd have the tools with me to build one.
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
20 May 2013, 16:44,
(20 May 2013, 16:42)Binnie Wrote: a shelter is always in my bergen,

there is more wood than i could burn in a lifetime on the island, and i'd have the tools with me to build one.

that's you sorted then.
20 May 2013, 18:59,
I have been making paracord bracelets and right now I'm working out how to make a paracord belt. I also watched series one of bear grylls and come to the conclusion that he does actually tell u much info. Except do stupid stuff like climb down a frozen waterfall (no thanks I wanna live).
20 May 2013, 21:27,
Been out and bought a new Stainless steel full sized, 4 sided glass candle lantern from Sainsburys for only £14, bargain.

20 May 2013, 21:29, (This post was last modified: 20 May 2013, 21:31 by Highlander.)
(20 May 2013, 16:14)Skean Dhude Wrote: Three chickens and their home. This month it will be a solar panel and I'll wire it up to cover the outside freezer and see how that goes.

I will be interested in that SD, because that was just what I want to do with ours

The solar panels, that is
A major part of survival is invisibility.
20 May 2013, 21:33,
Built the basic frame for the compost bin, and convinced the wife to let me build my original planned greenhouse....plus new extension!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin