Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arm protection
23 May 2013, 12:14, (This post was last modified: 23 May 2013, 12:14 by Barneyboy.)
RE: Arm protection
i have a wailking stick sword wouldbloody well keep them away

or we could all get guns and shoot the fuckers in the headSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
23 May 2013, 12:28,
some tabloids taped to arms would deflect a slash.

not a stab though

and there you go, tabloids DO have a purpose
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
23 May 2013, 12:29,

Survive the jive (youtube )
23 May 2013, 12:34, (This post was last modified: 23 May 2013, 12:36 by NorthernRaider.)
(23 May 2013, 12:29)Sunna Wrote:

Illegal as hell mate, we need to focus on practical but legal options for now Smile

(23 May 2013, 12:14)Barneyboy Wrote: i have a wailking stick sword wouldbloody well keep them away

or we could all get guns and shoot the fuckers in the headSmile

I would prefer something more peaceful and permenant such as mass deportation of extremists to where ever they came from or Antartica.

23 May 2013, 12:40,
mass deportation , gets my vote Heart
Survive the jive (youtube )
23 May 2013, 12:42,
(23 May 2013, 11:53)BeardyMan Wrote: What?? Strapping metal bars to your arms and putting things down your sleeves?
This is something people are actually considering? You're going to sit in a pub somewhere, or go out in public kitted out with that? You may as well just walk about in full riot gear.

My idea would be about 1.5cm-2cm in total thickness, and to be work UNDER a hoodie or jacket. It's not hefting metal poles, like scaffolding stuff! It's smaller thinner pieces, in a sectioned lattice (with gaps between bars), held in place on a sleeve like glove.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
23 May 2013, 12:50,
whats the scenario for this? seeing as how I wont be going into Londonistan EVER I think avoidance(or running away) is preferable to staying and fighting ("he who runs away lives to fight another day") I stay out of large towns, my nearest town has a population of just 5,000 and even Barnstaple (twice YEARLY visits) only numbers 20,000. POST SHTF I shall be avoiding people at all costs.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 May 2013, 12:55,
(23 May 2013, 12:08)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(23 May 2013, 12:04)BeardyMan Wrote:
(23 May 2013, 12:02)NorthernRaider Wrote: Stop being judgemental.

And sensible evidently.

I'd like to see you fend off a car with a walking stick !!!

I'd like to see your bionic iron man arms do the same??

ref the dog attack, you're always gonna be better off with a walking stick than you are gifting one of your arms to a dog. Plastic guttering on it or not. What happened if they had two dogs? Your security guard is going to struggle then...
23 May 2013, 13:05,
(23 May 2013, 12:55)BeardyMan Wrote: ref the dog attack, you're always gonna be better off with a walking stick than you are gifting one of your arms to a dog. Plastic guttering on it or not. What happened if they had two dogs? Your security guard is going to struggle then...

Nup disagee old chum, let the bastard hound get its gob clamped around my left arm then it gets the pointy end of my EDC blade through the eye, ear or throat. A walking stick like a knife will only hold one doggy at bay, let em get closer and swift short savage stabs with my EDC blade will do a better job in MHO

23 May 2013, 13:10,
(23 May 2013, 13:05)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(23 May 2013, 12:55)BeardyMan Wrote: ref the dog attack, you're always gonna be better off with a walking stick than you are gifting one of your arms to a dog. Plastic guttering on it or not. What happened if they had two dogs? Your security guard is going to struggle then...
Nup disagee old chum, let the bastard hound get its gob clamped around my left arm then it gets the pointy end of my EDC blade through the eye, ear or throat. A walking stick like a knife will only hold one doggy at bay, let em get closer and swift short savage stabs with my EDC blade will do a better job in MHO

In regard to dog attacks, the SAS (if without guns) wrap their arm with clothing and let a dog bite down. Once it's bitten down, it won't let go, until you kill it. Stabbing a dog won't always kill it. Personally, I'd prefer a medium sized blade, 6-10 inches, and once the dog grabs on, stab it hard as I could through the eye, or back of the skull.

Dogs naturally bite the closest part of an attacker/target, which is why you offer up a protected area.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin