Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best SHTF clothes question and discussion
29 May 2013, 15:15,
RE: Best SHTF clothes question and discussion
I'll stick to a cammo tutu if you dont mind.

29 May 2013, 20:13,
(29 May 2013, 11:48)NorthernRaider Wrote: Life was much easier before the marketing men got a hold of the clothing market... ...Brand anything Tactical or Tactical system and our cousins will happily pay double the price.

I was just going to give this thread a miss but I seem to recall making a tongue-in-cheek reference to the tactical tag not so very long ago - it didn't half draw me some grief!

I went out today, by the way. I haven't been able to for a very long time but it was a special occasion, so I made the effort. (Paying for it now - I'll be lucky if I can move at all tomorrow!) I did remember this thread though and wore a tactical tie - sort of foliage pattern - well scrimmed!

29 May 2013, 22:25,
(29 May 2013, 10:15)Little Lou Wrote: ........... In the die-off period, the biggest flashing light we could hold over our heads is to look healthy and well fed.

Thanks for that Lou. That's an incredibly important point. You can just see TPTB coming around and saying "You look too healthy. You must have had an unfair advantage. Hand over your stash"
30 May 2013, 09:07,
I seem to be aging in dog years, so no problem there Big Grin
30 May 2013, 09:18,
I should be OK if TSHTF now because I look like I have already just been mugged, right achilles tendon US, Left knee failing, right hip still wrecked from last years crossbow carry on, I'm like a train wreck. Smile

30 May 2013, 09:25,
(30 May 2013, 09:18)NorthernRaider Wrote: I should be OK if TSHTF now because I look like I have already just been mugged, right achilles tendon US, Left knee failing, right hip still wrecked from last years crossbow carry on, I'm like a train wreck. Smile

Sounds like you need to get yourself down to the WellMan clinic chap.

Tendon problems will stay with you for ever unfortunately. Tore the one in my left knee when I was 15. Still give me aggro. Same with my shoulders and hip.

Winter is not a fun time!

Did you get your achilles checked out? That must tickle.
30 May 2013, 09:40,
Naa just ignoring it and resting, I dont do the NHS ( long story)

30 May 2013, 10:47,
(30 May 2013, 09:40)NorthernRaider Wrote: Naa just ignoring it and resting, I dont do the NHS ( long story)

Did that with my knee. Limped around for a few days, until it seized up. Although to be honest there isn't much they can do anyway, anti-inflammatory pain killers, maybe some diazepam for the pain.

The WellMan thing isn't NHS btw, they're private clinics for gentlemen over a certain age [40, before you think I'm being rude! Wink ]
30 May 2013, 11:11,
Put it this way my long story includes my left knee, lower back, now my ankle, my sinuses and migraine Smile I wrecked my knee in 1971 doing judo and I'm still waiting over 40 years later for the NHS to get around to fixing it !!!! and no I'm not joking.

30 May 2013, 11:26,
(30 May 2013, 11:11)NorthernRaider Wrote: Put it this way my long story includes my left knee, lower back, now my ankle, my sinuses and migraine Smile I wrecked my knee in 1971 doing judo and I'm still waiting over 40 years later for the NHS to get around to fixing it !!!! and no I'm not joking.

Don't go near a vets - they'll want to put you down!!

For tendons / ligaments / dislocations etc you're better off paying to go private.