Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what use are the "old folks" when TSHTF?
4 June 2013, 00:37,
RE: So what use are the "old folks" when TSHTF?
Thankyou Jonas. That is a thought provoking article and of good factual content. I have one observation that slides in at a slight angle and that is - that I would surmise (with all my inexperience of the war zone you describe), that many of these useful intelligence operatives on both sides, may well have lacked any useful military experience PRIOR to the start of the war. Therefore does this not suggest that pre SHTF event military experience of the older generation was not actually a necessary factor in their effectiveness. This would translate into a reworking of your post that suitable older candidates for a position of authority or advice did not actually have to have a prerequisite of military experience prior to the start of a major SHTF event which would in turn lead to a build of "resistance" to an opposing dominant aggressor/occupier group.
While it may have been advantageous for intelligence operatives to have previous military experience and especially for some roles, this would not preclude non military experienced individuals from performing some of the roles you listed in your post.
Indeed now I am thinking deeper about this - If we get to the nitty gritty of a group or resistance movement leader, then is it wise to have a military biased individual in sole control as an elder? I know this has always been a problem throughout history and sometimes with a result that is good, sometimes not.. So where does that leave us, if I haven't gone off on a tangent that is? lol, regards, TL
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
4 June 2013, 03:06,
(3 June 2013, 19:48)Barneyboy Wrote: they can be food ,yumyum roasted wrinklySmile

Invitation to try roasting this one is in the post! Sad

4 June 2013, 15:53,
(3 June 2013, 16:45)bigpaul Wrote: define "old"!Tongue

Twenty years younger than you are! Angel

(3 June 2013, 19:48)Barneyboy Wrote: ...they can be food ,yum yum roasted wrinklySmile

Barneyboy, why don't you c'mon down here to Texas and give that a try. Don't even bother to buy a round-trip ticket, and make sure your will is up to date and your affairs are in order before you travel though! Big Grin
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
4 June 2013, 16:55,
(4 June 2013, 15:53)Jonas Wrote:

its funny, I DONT feel old, I've just started getting my pension but I feel like I've got years and years ahead of me, my old man was OLD by the time he was 50.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 June 2013, 17:32,
(4 June 2013, 16:55)bigpaul Wrote: its funny, I DONT feel old, I've just started getting my pension but I feel like I've got years and years ahead of me, my old man was OLD by the time he was 50.

When you've got all your make-up on you don't look old either Tongue Big Grin Big Grin
4 June 2013, 17:35,
(4 June 2013, 17:32)BeardyMan Wrote:
(4 June 2013, 16:55)bigpaul Wrote: its funny, I DONT feel old, I've just started getting my pension but I feel like I've got years and years ahead of me, my old man was OLD by the time he was 50.

When you've got all your make-up on you don't look old either Tongue Big Grin Big Grin

FUNNNNYYY MAN!! how the hell do I apply make up with all my face fungus? in any case.. its NOT make up its called WOAD!!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 June 2013, 19:14,

(3 June 2013, 19:48)Barneyboy Wrote: ...they can be food ,yum yum roasted wrinklySmile

Barneyboy, why don't you c'mon down here to Texas and give that a try. Don't even bother to buy a round-trip ticket, and make sure your will is up to date and your affairs are in order before you travel though! Big Grin

don't think they will let me in pal ,think you lot are to busy trying to set up your own soldiers for treason wiki leaksSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
4 June 2013, 21:17,
(4 June 2013, 19:14)Barneyboy Wrote:

don't think they will let me in pal ,think you lot are to busy trying to set up your own soldiers for treason wiki leaksSmile

is that a threat ,or are you taking out of you ass like you yanks
4 June 2013, 21:28,
With a big smiley face on it? C'mon Barneyboy, give it a rest, eh?

4 June 2013, 21:32,
(4 June 2013, 21:28)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: With a big smiley face on it? C'mon Barneyboy, give it a rest, eh?

maybe I don't get usa jokes