Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
population density
11 June 2013, 10:54,
population density
So tomorrow you wake up,all electricity gone.no form of social control,complete anarchy...
The biggest disadvantage of being in the UK is the fact,if tshtf you have approx 700 people per square mile to contend with.
It is unlikely that you are able to simply bug out like one could in America,Russia etc.
Everybody will have similar ideas of heading to Scotland,Wales,lake district and such and within a day these typical places will be maxed out with humans.
The amount of vehicles that will be trying to get anywhere will be unreal.
The amount of ''secret'' locations in the UK are minimal at best.
A boat,good navigation skills,and a stubborn nature for self preservation are going to be needed,also a plan to cover 90+ miles to reach your boat which may have already been stolen.
Is staying put,staying armed and staying with A well balanced ''team'' the way to go for us Brits.
You have the scenario and please discuss
11 June 2013, 11:01,
RE: population density
most people will be bugging IN, its where we feel most comfortable after all and where most if not all of our supplies are, bugging out will only be plan C if our lives or homes are at risk...riots, arson, flooding etc. if the roads are already jammed with vehicles its probably already too late to BO.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 June 2013, 11:05,
(11 June 2013, 11:01)bigpaul Wrote: most people will be bugging IN, its where we feel most comfortable after all and where most if not all of our supplies are, bugging out will only be plan C if our lives or homes are at risk...riots, arson, flooding etc. if the roads are already jammed with vehicles its probably already too late to BO.

My point being,UK would be screwed and even seasoned survivalists would heavily rely on luck
I have no friends,wonder why
11 June 2013, 11:09,
(11 June 2013, 11:05)TwistedPuppy Wrote: My point being,UK would be screwed and even seasoned survivalists would heavily rely on luck

Please be so kind as to provide your evidence to support this conclusion, its a fascinating subject that always needs indepth research and evidential based conclusions Smile

11 June 2013, 11:10,
(11 June 2013, 11:05)TwistedPuppy Wrote: My point being,UK would be screwed and even seasoned survivalists would heavily rely on luck

sorry, don't agree with you there, it all depends on where people live, someone near a big city London or Birmingham say, will have a hard time of it but some one more rural not so.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 June 2013, 11:14,
(11 June 2013, 11:10)bigpaul Wrote:

sorry, don't agree with you there, it all depends on where people live, someone near a big city London or Birmingham say, will have a hard time of it but some one more rural not so.

Well,you completely missed the point
11 June 2013, 11:17,
(11 June 2013, 11:14)TwistedPuppy Wrote:
(11 June 2013, 11:10)bigpaul Wrote:

Well,you completely missed the point

so what is the point? please explain.
11 June 2013, 11:21,
Its for you lot to discuss,and read more carefully
I have no friends,wonder why
11 June 2013, 11:22, (This post was last modified: 11 June 2013, 11:24 by NorthernRaider.)
Risk asessments for each individual prepper or prepper family are paramount in deciding the type of risk and the percentage of a risk impacting on the prepper.

What CAUSED the crisis will be a major decider on whether anarchy kicks or or communities pull together.
Location of source
Location of the prepper
Distance from Source to Prepper
Time of year
Current Weather and whether its getting better or worse
Economic state of nation at time
State of law and order at the time of the TSHTF
Level of preps the prepper has in place
Level of self reliance prepper has achieved
Security arrangements that the prepper has in place
etcetera

(11 June 2013, 11:21)TwistedPuppy Wrote: Its for you lot to discuss,and read more carefully

This LOT dont have to discuss anything, you can ask them to participate and to do so you need to explain and justify your conclusion first in order for us to work through it.

We have done dozens of hypothetical situations in the last year most which achieved not very much.

11 June 2013, 11:24,
I don't think we have missed the point. We know that the high density in the UK makes survival more risky and we have considered techniques to reduce that risk by preparing to Bug In, bugging out where possible and we consider the UK mindset. Being a nanny state we think differently to our US cousins. Most of us won't be streaming to the Lake District we will stay in our house, like your city dwellers did, until help comes and when it doesn't.

You can only do so much to reduce the risk and that leaves risk we have to accept. Prepping does not equal surviving. It just increases the chances.

So if you have something we have not thought of then share it. This isn't a riddle site when we all get to play the game. State your thoughts and we can discuss them and those that can will include the outcome in their preps.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin