Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Have Allies - Whoopee!
17 June 2013, 10:00,
RE: I Have Allies - Whoopee!
I wouldn't trust anyone here as far as I can throw themBig Grin all too straight, too sheeple, too busy with their own mundane little lives to even think "what would happen if" much less ACTUALLY do something about it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 June 2013, 12:20,
AAWWWW bless BP, don't worry mate we're all down there in spirit with you pal. This songs for you sniff sniff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEaKX9YYHiQ
17 June 2013, 12:37,
Now is the time to find out. They live there, nobody is moving and they have time to build relationships.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
17 June 2013, 12:47, (This post was last modified: 17 June 2013, 13:44 by bigpaul.)
(17 June 2013, 12:37)Skean Dhude Wrote: Now is the time to find out. They live there, nobody is moving and they have time to build relationships.

I don't know about not moving, there is a very fluid population here, always some one going and some one else moving in.

like I said, everyone here is preoccupied with their own little lives and post shtf they just be panicking and going crazy, I can just imagine it, we've got 1 family which you might call "alternative"..apart from us that isBig Grin and we've got an old(80 year old) retired farmer friend who will be useful just for his knowledge, but out of about 200 households that's about it, everyone else is so "straight"! i'm not sure we would stay here anyway, I think we might HAVE to bug out, OH says she dosent think she will feel safe here amongst who and what we have living around us there is at least 1 maybe 2 families could be downright dangerous post shtf...at the moment they abide by the law but post shtf when its W.R.O.L.?? i'm not so sure.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 June 2013, 16:42,
Great news, Mary. I suspect that many of those who we think "don't get it" actually do - they just are quieter about it. Get your neighborhood group together, maybe for a picnic or covered dish lunch some weekend. Invite everybody - you can sort out the losers later.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
17 June 2013, 16:46,
you gotta be joking Jonas, maybe in the US, if we suggested a neighbourhood picnic around here everyone would look at us as if we were crazy!....maybe 50/60 years ago!!
17 June 2013, 20:31,
Nice idea, Jonas. I thought I would do something at Christmas when people are all feeling a bit festive (or would like to). It's really busy here right now, but I like the idea. I reckon if I can get everyone chatting and involved with each other, then there is a chance of getting something more concrete in place. We'll give it a go.

BP, we all live by our own lights, and I respect your ways. As far as I am concerned, a small community is going to work better for us, but, hey, each to his own.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
18 June 2013, 09:33,
(17 June 2013, 20:31)MaryN Wrote: Nice idea, Jonas. I thought I would do something at Christmas when people are all feeling a bit festive (or would like to). It's really busy here right now, but I like the idea. I reckon if I can get everyone chatting and involved with each other, then there is a chance of getting something more concrete in place. We'll give it a go.

BP, we all live by our own lights, and I respect your ways. As far as I am concerned, a small community is going to work better for us, but, hey, each to his own.

hi Mary, i'm sure communities would arise....eventually, but IMMEDIATELY post shtf I think its everyone for themselves, keep our heads down and try to survive as best we can.
18 June 2013, 10:04, (This post was last modified: 18 June 2013, 10:10 by Prepper1.)
(17 June 2013, 20:31)MaryN Wrote: Nice idea, Jonas. I thought I would do something at Christmas when people are all feeling a bit festive (or would like to). It's really busy here right now, but I like the idea. I reckon if I can get everyone chatting and involved with each other, then there is a chance of getting something more concrete in place. We'll give it a go.

One word of caution...
Watch what you say and to whom.
People label you crazy to prep. BUT will be the ones remembering what you said when things happen and be beating a path to your door with all their family and friends in tow....

(17 June 2013, 16:42)Jonas Wrote: Great news, Mary. I suspect that many of those who we think "don't get it" actually do - they just are quieter about it. Get your neighborhood group together, maybe for a picnic or covered dish lunch some weekend. Invite everybody - you can sort out the losers later.

Thats one thing that I'm really jealous of certain parts of the u.s for Jonas, it has a good strong sense of community, with the forced immigration policy over here that's tended to shatter communities and each "country" group develops its own enclaves.

But having said that our sense of community pretty much went after the 2nd world war.

American people I speak to are generally honest, unfortunately most British people have a self serving agenda of their own, two faced you'd call it...

Like my neighbors for example, always watching, other people I've spoken to, know people who collect names addresses etc... to pass on should they ever need too.

No sir, the u.k. isn't such a great place anymore, its such a shame, it could be but....
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
18 June 2013, 11:46,
exactly, different generation, different attitude, be very careful who you speak to and about what.