Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So as the summer lull passes by
23 June 2013, 08:50,
RE: So as the summer lull passes by
(23 June 2013, 08:48)Scythe13 Wrote:
(22 June 2013, 19:00)bigpaul Wrote: must be a female thing...wife says the same!Tongue ( I try to do ONE thing each day to increase my preps).

I totally agree with RS! Prep to live, not live to prep.

PREP TO SURVIVE!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 June 2013, 09:00,
If im not working or studying im fishing or lurking on here.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson
23 June 2013, 19:57,
No not me, if anything I move up a gear, to get ready for winter ,I am always adding something to my preps ...its my way of life now, nobody can slack up ....if you are serious , I know I joke a bit and have a laugh that's just who I am BUT serious I most definitely am about my preps Nothing and No one gets in the way of that, as NR says murphy's law will catch anyone out when they least expect it ...not this old dog
24 June 2013, 01:36,
Summer lull?

What is a summer lull?

I have maize waist high and a garden to tend. I cut up firewood last week and have spent more nights under the stars than in a house during June.

It's only a lull if you decide to sit on your backside and let your brain rot.

Get off your arse and do someting!
24 June 2013, 21:10,
Got to say I'm not sure what this summer lull is either. I'm run off my feet at the moment. We've got fencing to finish before Autumn, house repairs and maintenance, garden and field maintenance, livestock to deal with, not to mention trying to sort out supplies for autumn and winter in the form of feed, bedding and haylage for the horses. Wow, I'd love a summer lull.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
24 June 2013, 21:28, (This post was last modified: 24 June 2013, 21:34 by Straight Shooter.)
A womans work mary.............

Learning wifey to use chain saw THEN she will be able to do lot,her splitting and stacking is very good .....I watched her today from the sun lounger while having tea.....not got the knack of spitting and cursing yet , but I will perceiver.
24 June 2013, 21:37,
Hi there, S. I'd love a go at the chain saw, but OH is not thrilled at the prospect. We also have a lovely little ride on mower - out of bounds to me as well! Along with a dinky little strimmer and the nice sharp axe we use for logging! I think he just wants to keep all the fun things to himself!
24 June 2013, 21:41,
Oh dear wifey just read my post.........can I now announce that she can now swear like a good en.......and my ribs hurt.
24 June 2013, 21:43,
(24 June 2013, 21:41)Straight Shooter Wrote: Oh dear wifey just read my post.........can I now announce that she can now swear like a good en.......and my ribs hurt.

Serves you right!
25 June 2013, 09:18,
Yeh im busy here too trying to get my cast iron fire built into the chimneybreast in the back bedroom....
giving me backache and headache...

*grumbles......