Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
what would you advise folk not to buy !!!!!!!
11 August 2013, 12:00,
what would you advise folk not to buy !!!!!!!
what have you purchased thats , no good , over priced , poor quality , ect ect .

for me a flat screen digi tv ,the first sign of , high wind or rain all the bbc channels go on a acid trip.
£400 for this me old one was much better
Survive the jive (youtube )
11 August 2013, 12:36,
RE: what would you advise folk not to buy !!!!!!!
SKY TV subscription and a 42 inch TV were the most wasteful and utterly pointless things I ever bought, Ferking Sky is paying to watch adverts and see 30 minute shows stretched to 90 minutes with adds, trailers and recovering the same bit from before the adds.

42 inch telly just overwhelmed the room so we went back to a 32 inch TV.

11 August 2013, 13:24,
Turbo lighter failed with in a couple of months sent ad mail to the company still no reply several months later. Gone back to my zippo and cheap throw away lighters.
Failure is NOT an option
11 August 2013, 13:29, (This post was last modified: 11 August 2013, 13:30 by BDG.)
A new car. As soon as you drive, you have just thrown thousands of pounds away.

Think about what you plan to buy - do you need it, is it an asset (it will create or save you capital) or a liability (it is just going to cost you capital), is a product that does the same thing available cheaper?

Other than that - cheap tools. Buy cheap, buy twice and you do not want a tool failing when you are using it - you will range from being pissed off to dead.

And I do thank all of those who do buy a new car or truck, as it means I can buy it at a fraction of its cost but with lots of life left in it 5-10 years later.

Cheers guys, keep up the good work.
11 August 2013, 14:47,
big Rambo style knife. for the same price you can get 3 good quality pocket knives.
11 August 2013, 15:28,
pound shop tools , dangerous wont do job properly an accident waiting to happen .
11 August 2013, 15:30,
A BioLite stove from what I saw of 'em at the weekend Wink

Anything WebTex

99% of the Karrimore stuff (including the SF range)

Magnum boots (complete waste of money)

Ford/Vauxhall/Renault/Fiat
11 August 2013, 16:07,
Gold and silver, dont bother.
Selco said on his blog that during the Bosnian war certain people were collecting gold and valuables because they knew it was just a localized war and that as things would eventually return to normal that they would be rich.

BUT on the flip side he said during a total shtf situation when foods short and the world either not coming back or would take a helluva long time, who's going to give you an ak or eggs or a chicken for a gold bar?

What can you do with gold or silver in that situation?

Not much.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
11 August 2013, 18:46,
(11 August 2013, 16:07)Prepper1 Wrote: Gold and silver, dont bother.
Selco said on his blog that during the Bosnian war certain people were collecting gold and valuables because they knew it was just a localized war and that as things would eventually return to normal that they would be rich.

BUT on the flip side he said during a total shtf situation when foods short and the world either not coming back or would take a helluva long time, who's going to give you an ak or eggs or a chicken for a gold bar?

What can you do with gold or silver in that situation?

Not much.

whos going to tell mrT , you crazy fool Tongue
11 August 2013, 22:22,
what about the golden rule:
the one with the gold rules?

agree with point about choosing to buy food versus precious metals, but there have always been rich/powerful people within human society and IMO there will be after SHTF too. May not be the ones we think it will, but they will be there. Could see a scenario where these "beautiful people" are in competition with each other for wealth and influence. precious metals could be a measure of wealth. like they say in the TV commercials: gold and silver have never been worthless.