Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surviving? Is it worth it.
23 August 2013, 13:09,
RE: Surviving? Is it worth it.
John - The fat lady is clearing her throat.

BP - If you are right then I must be wrong.
If I am right then you must be wrong.

If you have 'A', you do not have "non-A'
23 August 2013, 13:47,
Getting back to the original premise of would we help someone in distress, I would, but only on my terms and if i could win the encounter. However honourable the action it is suicide to get into a fight you can't win, but if I could i would definately stop woman and children being raped and abused. If I had to walk away it would be with regret and anger, but that's just me, and maybe I have an old fashioned outlook.
23 August 2013, 13:48, (This post was last modified: 23 August 2013, 13:50 by bigpaul.)
(23 August 2013, 13:09)River Song Wrote: John - The fat lady is clearing her throat.

BP - If you are right then I must be wrong.

If you have 'A', you do not have "non-A'

RS- you have just proved my last remark.

(23 August 2013, 13:02)John Wrote: No one will ever know who was right and who was wrong in anything until the fat lady sings?
By then it will be too late to change if you find out you're are wrong.

John- no one is right, no one is wrong- we are both correct according to our own set of values. viva la difference!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 August 2013, 13:54,
(23 August 2013, 13:09)River Song Wrote: BP - If you are right then I must be wrong.

You might both be wrong.....
23 August 2013, 13:56,
I think you are ALL right. Come on - group hug here, group hug......
23 August 2013, 13:59, (This post was last modified: 23 August 2013, 14:01 by bigpaul.)
(23 August 2013, 13:54)BeardyMan Wrote:
(23 August 2013, 13:09)River Song Wrote: BP - If you are right then I must be wrong.

You might both be wrong.....

we might both be right....in our own way.

(23 August 2013, 13:56)MCavity Wrote: I think you are ALL right.

NO one is right-no one is wrong-we just see it differently.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 August 2013, 17:15,
I guess thats the usual way to end a heated discussion.

Different points of view ---- Different points from which to view.

Reminds me of the story of the blind men and the elephant.

One felt the trunk and said an elephant was like a big snake
One felt the leg and said the elephant was like a tree

Both different points from which to view.

The fallacy of this story is that there is an objective elephant which neither of the blind men got right.

Maybe none of us have got it 'right'.

But I will still maintain that there is a 'right'.

objectively
23 August 2013, 17:27,
(23 August 2013, 17:15)River Song Wrote: But I will still maintain that there is a 'right'.

objectively

are you still saying that you are right and we are wrong? cos if you are you haven't heard a single word we have said, i'm not saying we are right just that you will not even consider an alternative.
23 August 2013, 19:51,
BP - read what I wrote - not what you THINK I wrote.

We could both be wrong
We cant both be right

I have considered your alternatives and I reject them - my right to do so.

I was just observing that maybe there is an objective truth that BOTH of us have missed.

I'm going to exit this thread. If you really need to have the last word - its yours
24 August 2013, 09:53,
(23 August 2013, 19:51)River Song Wrote: BP - read what I wrote - not what you THINK I wrote.

We could both be wrong
We cant both be right

I was just observing that maybe there is an objective truth that BOTH of us have missed.

I'm going to exit this thread. If you really need to have the last word - its yours

fine, you have considered my alternatives( not just mine by the way-several others say the same) and have rejected them, that is YOUR perogative.