Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lone wolf question: Always wanted to ask.
4 September 2013, 14:06, (This post was last modified: 4 September 2013, 14:08 by bigpaul.)
RE: Lone wolf question: Always wanted to ask.
I hear it all the time..from the OH, every time I get some new stuff or we go shopping and come back with a load of tins,,"where are we going to put all this stuff??"Big Grin we usually manage to stuff it in somewhere, in the "larder", on top of wardrobes, under the bed...somewhere!!Tongue not that i'm complaining, she usually tells me something I should get next....the latest thing is mini sewing kits for barter-still working on that one, probably the £ shop I expect!!

(4 September 2013, 14:00)BeardyMan Wrote: Wait until you've got a whole room dedicated just to prep storage. Then cry when you move house every 6 months.....

yeah, well whose fault is that?? should've tied a knot in it!Tongue sorry mate, you asked for that one!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 September 2013, 14:13,
(4 September 2013, 14:06)bigpaul Wrote: I hear it all the time..from the OH, every time I get some new stuff or we go shopping and come back with a load of tins,,"where are we going to put all this stuff??"Big Grin we usually manage to stuff it in somewhere, in the "larder", on top of wardrobes, under the bed...somewhere!!Tongue not that i'm complaining, she usually tells me something I should get next....the latest thing is mini sewing kits for barter-still working on that one, probably the £ shop I expect!!

(4 September 2013, 14:00)BeardyMan Wrote: Wait until you've got a whole room dedicated just to prep storage. Then cry when you move house every 6 months.....

yeah, well whose fault is that?? should've tied a knot in it!Tongue sorry mate, you asked for that one!!Big Grin

You can't knot something with a girth like this!! Big Grin

What we really need is a canal boat. A double decker canal boat
4 September 2013, 14:18,
buy a "living in" van and go on the road??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 September 2013, 14:23,
(4 September 2013, 14:18)bigpaul Wrote: buy a "living in" van and go on the road??

Tried that matey, the woman needs lots of room or she moans (more than usual)
Looks like we may end up purchasing the next house Undecided
4 September 2013, 14:29,
(4 September 2013, 14:23)BeardyMan Wrote:
(4 September 2013, 14:18)bigpaul Wrote: buy a "living in" van and go on the road??

can you afford to? I thought that's why you rented?
4 September 2013, 14:32,
(4 September 2013, 14:29)bigpaul Wrote:

Yeah. Switching to a Ltd company rather than umbrella, I'll have £1k in my bank account every week Big Grin
4 September 2013, 14:38, (This post was last modified: 4 September 2013, 14:44 by bigpaul.)
(4 September 2013, 14:32)BeardyMan Wrote:
(4 September 2013, 14:29)bigpaul Wrote:

Yeah. Switching to a Ltd company rather than umbrella, I'll have £1k in my bank account every week Big Grin

sheeeet! I wish I could say the same! I was definitely born in the wrong century!Big Grin

I have always been on low wages.

they were talking on the news this morning about the "living" wage, as being £7.49 per hour, I've never know anyone who earns that, the West Country has always been a low wage area and high cost of housing.
4 September 2013, 15:31,
the lowest paid i have in my squad, semi skilled are £10+ per hour basic, with overtime to the tune of 10 hours per week almost a cert.

then again you are £400pcm for a bedsit here, up to £800-£900pcm for a 3 bed semi.... there is also a £60k difference in house prices in the space of 30 - 45 miles as the crow flies (source: stewart milne homes website grampian and tayside)

we've a major exhibition going on up the road, every hotel and B&B is booked within 60 miles.

i've also hear rumours of 4 bed houses being rented out for £10k for the week long exhibition..... its f*cking scary i tell ya.

thats kinda why space is tight for me, you need to be earning serious dough here to have a decent amount of living space whatsoever.

currently i rent, and get quarterly inspections, they moan when we store too much stuff against walls etc, its bullsh!t
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
4 September 2013, 15:36,
(3 September 2013, 15:50)Scythe13 Wrote: Just out of curiosity for those Lone Wolves out there.

Many preach about the amazing way the world would be when they went off into the woods and vanished from society.

I was reading about a man who lived without money. He lived in a cave in America, and was really a happy guy. He said it was lonely at times, but that he loved it.

Well, my question is this: If you are able to do so, and desire so much to do so, why have you not up-and-offed into the wild yet? If it's going to be so much better than it is at the moment, why have you not done it yet?

May be this might give a clue. I found it on the Internet.
Can wolves survive living alone or do they always run in packs?
Are wolves a strong force alone or do they always need help?

A wolf that lives a long time on its own is not considered to be likely to live very long. Young males may leave the pack, but they also form "bachelor" packs with other young males until they find new packs of their own.

What makes wolves such successful hunters and survivors is their team-work in hunting. As a group it's much easier to trap and capture prey than it is for a single animal to hunt. Also, the rest of the pack benefits from the abilities of the more experienced animals in the pack - there is always safety and a supply of food when there are older, mature animals in the group that are good at hunting and experienced at protecting territory etc.

A wolf on its own will find hunting more difficult, so will not get as much food. It will have to protect itself against dangers without the help of other pack members to detect and defend against intruders or challengers. Considering that the lone wolf is likely to be less well fed, it's also likely to be lighter and weaker, which won't help it defend itself. Wolves are territorial animals and don't appreciate intruders in their territory. A lone wolf would have little chance of establishing a territory and defending it from groups of other wolves, and would probably need to move from one area to another constantly to avoid being attacked for intruding on other groups territories.
Life for a lone wolf would be hard - they are social animals that have learned to depend on group living for their success.
The same applies to the human race.
4 September 2013, 15:47,
(4 September 2013, 15:36)John Wrote: The same applies to the human race.

Sorry John, but I have to disagree old boy.

Perfectly possible to live in isolation and thrive
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Proenneke