Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is Camping and Bushcraft a part of prepping and survivalism? Your Views
7 April 2014, 13:44,
RE: Is Camping and Bushcraft a part of prepping and survivalism? Your Views
All credit to S13 to be fair at least his efforts and intended to improve his skillset in his own weird way.

7 April 2014, 13:46,
(7 April 2014, 13:41)BeardyMan Wrote: You did make it more than 30 foot up towards the top of the tor though, didn't you.....?
yes, I did say before the event that I was only coming to say hello and wasn't camping, good job too since nobody checked a map and worked out you were all camped on a scheduled ancient monument in a prohibited camping area.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 April 2014, 13:47,
(7 April 2014, 13:41)BeardyMan Wrote:
(7 April 2014, 13:40)Scythe13 Wrote:
(7 April 2014, 13:31)bigpaul Wrote: you mean like people who think an Adult Adventure park just off the A38 is camping on Dartmoor.or people who camp 1 mile from the car park and have to make repeated trips back and forward to their car cos they forget the right item are preppers??

If that's a jab at me, I could have very easily coped without those trips, but I was in the mood for the walks and donuts that I got haha. I covered around 20 miles in 24 hours...and nearly broke a sweat.
You did make it more than 30 foot up towards the top of the tor though, didn't you.....?

I think I made it there and back, MANY TIMES, as well as even more mileage. The Saturday morning was a quick 2 mile trek for me and Danzord too. Pushing the limits of fitness, testing gear, testing ourselves, all a part of prepping and survivalism.

Imagine carrying a BOB up a hefting hill, that's nearly 1 mile all up hill. That's a good test. Oh, and it's pitch black while you do it.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 April 2014, 13:47, (This post was last modified: 7 April 2014, 13:48 by NorthernRaider.)
yes, I did say before the event that I was only coming to say hello and wasn't camping, good job too since nobody checked a map and worked out you were all camped on a scheduled ancient monument in a prohibited camping area.

ROTFLMBO !!!! Smile

I think I made it there and back, MANY TIMES, as well as even more mileage. The Saturday morning was a quick 2 mile trek for me and Danzord too. Pushing the limits of fitness, testing gear, testing ourselves, all a part of prepping and survivalism.

Imagine carrying a BOB up a hefting hill, that's nearly 1 mile all up hill. That's a good test. Oh, and it's pitch black while you do it.

Whist the thinking man would have walked around it Smile Only joking Smile

7 April 2014, 13:49,
(7 April 2014, 13:44)NorthernRaider Wrote: All credit to S13 to be fair at least his efforts and intended to improve his skillset in his own weird way.

Thank you NR. That's very cool of you to say that.
7 April 2014, 13:50,
(7 April 2014, 13:46)bigpaul Wrote: you were all camped on a scheduled ancient monument in a prohibited camping area.

Can't have been that prohibited...

A fine spot it was actually, very peaceful.
7 April 2014, 13:52, (This post was last modified: 7 April 2014, 13:53 by Scythe13.)
(7 April 2014, 13:47)NorthernRaider Wrote: Whist the thinking man would have walked around it Smile Only joking Smile

In all fairness, I was feeling a little lazy and I actually did try to find a better route, but didn't end up finding one. Since the Tor was at the top of the hill and all sides were equally steep...no choice Sad

(7 April 2014, 13:50)BeardyMan Wrote:
(7 April 2014, 13:46)bigpaul Wrote: you were all camped on a scheduled ancient monument in a prohibited camping area.

Ironically, there were loads of people jumping all over the monument before we even got there, and it was pretty clear that it was somewhere that people had already lived...because of the ruins that were there haha. We just followed the footsteps of the ancestors haha.
7 April 2014, 13:55,

it might have been peaceful, you were probably sleeping on ancient remains of dead people, that's why its a scheduled ancient monument. no respect.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 April 2014, 13:55,
Scythe, Just wondering, I know you are mad keen on wilderness and bushcraft stuff and I think you are as skint as I am, Have you ever considered becoming an adult instructor for the Somerset ACF battalion, I only mention it cos they pay quite well, they end paid for my HGV2 and Mountain Leaders courses, you get to access lots of good kit and make USEFUL contacts if you catch my drift. Two evenings a week and 16 weekends a year paid plus mileage expences, lots of out doorsy courses they pay for etc?

I think you would enjoy it.

7 April 2014, 13:56, (This post was last modified: 7 April 2014, 13:58 by Scythe13.)
(7 April 2014, 13:55)bigpaul Wrote:

it might have been peaceful, you were probably sleeping on ancient remains of dead people, that's why its a scheduled ancient monument. no respect.

BP, that's miles from accurate. It was ancient house ruins, not a burial ground mate.

Okay, coming back to the point of the thread, NR, it seems you agree that Bushcraft and Survivalism are an aid to someone who is into prepping and survivalism.

BP, you just don't like our choice of places to camp? You've not really addressed the point of the thread...I blame BM for distracting you.

BM, you've been naughty and are heading the right way for a smacked bottom....and not the good kind! Haha