Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safe to return?
8 April 2014, 13:29,
RE: Safe to return?
[quote='Devonian' )

I don't think that any of the people of this forum would be looking at going back.

BUT, what about the 100's of thousands, possibly even millions of sheeple that TPTB or whoever is tasked with dealing with.

It will be easier for them to fix the roof on one tower block than one thousand houses......
[/quote]

well if the sheeple want to go back that's their problem, that's why their sheeple innit!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 April 2014, 14:11,
(8 April 2014, 13:29)bigpaul Wrote: well if the sheeple want to go back that's their problem, that's why their sheeple innit!!

Exactly and good luck to them, and that is why the cities will get reoccupied.
8 April 2014, 14:13,
just not by you and me eh? sensible people like us stay out of "urban population centres"!!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 April 2014, 14:59,
I would never say never ......there could be a good reason for going into a city you might have no choice. But I cannot see any reason or have any inclination to go to a town or city ......it would have to be life or death....no not for this welsh boyo.
8 April 2014, 15:17,
if its POST SHTF and you've come out the other side, I see no reason for going into a city, anything that was left has been well trashed and burnt by now, if you haven't got it(whatever it is) learn to do without it, nothing is worth getting killed for, or being put in an internment camp for.
8 April 2014, 15:21,
What if it was a medieval walled town or city? I'm thinking York, Chester, Denbigh, Conway, Caenarfon. If you had some kind of law and order within the walls, you could work very effectivley together to keep everyone else out. This is the whole reason they were built in the first place.
Which town are we going to take over?
“In the long history of humankind those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed” Charles Darwin
8 April 2014, 15:23,
Think more along the lines of scavenging, medical search, that kind of thing.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 April 2014, 15:24,
walled city would be even easier to blockade, you go in-you aren't ever coming out again. cities are places of death...especially post SHTF, you go in at your own peril.
8 April 2014, 15:42, (This post was last modified: 8 April 2014, 15:44 by Devonian.)
(8 April 2014, 15:24)bigpaul Wrote: walled city would be even easier to blockade, you go in-you aren't ever coming out again. cities are places of death...especially post SHTF, you go in at your own peril.

But who is going to blockade it and why??

The organised and armed forces would already be inside the walls, rather than in the countryside. Far more likely that they would be sending out raiding parties to target the rest of us.

Just because the cities do not appeal to us, it doesn't mean that they will stop being vibrant centres of activity.
8 April 2014, 15:45,
Only a very polite suggestion chaps but humbly and with respect if you want to debate the issues around state control, emergency powers, war laws, govt concern and response plans you ABSOLUTELY must take the time to read

WAR LAWS UK by Duncan Campbell it will really make you sit up and take notice.