Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S13's Skills Project. Skill 1 - Hunting
23 April 2014, 13:32,
S13's Skills Project. Skill 1 - Hunting
Over the next year, I'm going to be running a series of month long projects to help people get to grips with survival skills and the alike. I practice certain things and focus completely on that one skill until I'm pleased with the developments and what I've learned. So, I'm going to be posting what I'm doing and hopefully, as many people as possible will join in.

I'll make sure EVERYTHING is affordable and so even if your budget is tiny, you'll still be able to participate, practice, and improve.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it. Shoot a rabbit. NO!!! Don't kill it! Just shoot it with a camera.

To practice hiding, stalking, tracking, and the alike, it makes sense to carry a camera around with you. Whether it's a small digital camera that you've borrowed from your mum, your own camera, or even a camera from a mobile phone, it doesn't matter.

The idea is to go out on the weekend, sneak up and get a CLEAR photo of a wild rabbit, sat out in a field or in the woods.

You can get extra points if you also get pictures of wild wood pigeons, crows, magpies, and deer.

Please note, with these skill projects, it is definitely worth putting some effort in. Even if you think other people will do better than you...who cares? Let their do their thing and you do yours. What matters is that you progress and move in the right direction.

Who knows, there might even be prizes.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
23 April 2014, 13:44,
RE: S13's Skills Project. Skill 1 - Hunting
Jack Spirko has something called 13 skills sound very similar
Luck Favours the Prepared Incredibles
23 April 2014, 14:04,
(23 April 2014, 13:44)PreparednessUK Wrote: Jack Spirko has something called 13 skills sound very similar

Never heard of Jack Spirko. Just googled him and the 13 skills thing. http://www.13skills.com/ . He challenged his 'followers' to learn 13 news skills. That's cool, but not where I got my idea from.

The S13 is because my name has been recognised as S or S13. That's all. At the moment I'm practicing my hunting and it would be good fun to practice those skills with other people, share experiences, and help one another out.

Are you going to be having a go with this one PUK?
23 April 2014, 16:46,
im up for it Smile
Winter is coming
23 April 2014, 16:57,
Awesome. You'll love this Hex. It's a great exercise, and a hell of an excuse to get out and about.

Are you okay with a camera? If not, I recommend ebay and a total expenditure of around £10...or just borrow one from a friend.
24 April 2014, 15:59,
goes without saying but you should specify NO ZOOM as much as possible,

i'd be using my cameraphone, therefore no zoom (ok digital zoom but you lose quality)

I'm in, is there an end date for this experiment?
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
24 April 2014, 16:31,
I'll give this a go as well, but been rumbled before I've even started with the zoom!!

And no cheating by downloading pictures from google Big Grin
24 April 2014, 16:45,
Im in, ill be heading out this weekend armed with my phone.
24 April 2014, 19:01,
yeah im fine for a cam Smile
Winter is coming
24 April 2014, 20:52,
Brilliant turn out. Lets try it for 2 weekends. This weekend and next weekend. It's just a trial to see how everyone copes. We'll pop feedback into here, then progress from there.

Let's all see how we get along with this.