Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Hunted" - Starts Channel 4 Thursday
1 September 2015, 15:24,
"Hunted" - Starts Channel 4 Thursday
This looks like an interesting reality TV series. Starts Channel 4 Thursday evening.

As I understand it, a group of people were "let loose" in May with the aim of evading surveillance and remaining un-captured by a chase-group consisting of security experts, ex-cops, hackers, etc. The series tracks their progress.

More info here:
http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/...ty-hacking
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
1 September 2015, 15:32,
RE: "Hunted" - Starts Channel 4 Thursday
Yes that looks interesting, I'll be watching.....
1 September 2015, 16:31, (This post was last modified: 1 September 2015, 16:36 by bigpaul.)
just checked TV listings for Thursday...its not there??

did you mean next week?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 September 2015, 17:30,
Looks like you are right BP, Thursday 10th September:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/hunted
1 September 2015, 17:35,
OK, i'll make a note of that!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 September 2015, 18:13,
i will have a look at that sounds good .
1 September 2015, 18:14,
OK, how would you pull it off?

How much head start does the prey get?

How much money?

Can you ditch the camera crew? They are a dead giveaway and their activities can be tracked even if those of the prey remain perfectly invisible. Plus the camera crew would not be willing to do what I would do for 28 days.
1 September 2015, 18:21,
I wonder how much advanced notice they get? enough to hide some supplies/caches? unless they are right on your tail or your carrying a mobile, using credit/debit cards or near CCTV camera couldn't you just stay out of sight??
3 September 2015, 19:50, (This post was last modified: 3 September 2015, 20:05 by Tarrel.)
My apologies folks, it is next Thursday that it starts! (10th)

It was speculating and researching about this issue that got me into the whole prepping scene. The research led me to peak oil, resource depletion, financial collapse; the whole doom scenario.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I imagine that I'd be able to pull this off, provided I had the initiative, i.e. I decided to go dark, and when to do so, rather than having to react "Richard Hanney" style.

Obviously driving will be out, as will using banks and cash machines and debit cards. Carry a selection of hats and always wear one in public / on public transport. Maybe disappear into the fells for a couple of weeks. Perhaps use a bike. Second-hand one - nothing fancy. Leave the phone at home. Dress like a hill-walker / backpacker and head for one of the quieter hill-walking areas.

I quite fancy trying it actually.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
3 September 2015, 21:24,
(3 September 2015, 19:50)Tarrel Wrote: I quite fancy trying it actually.

It would be fun.

As well as changing clothes and hats regularly, consider an umbrella or two, and the simple act of putting a stone in one shoe to change your gait occasionally.

I'm confident I could disappear if I needed to.