Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survival UK Sites next steps
7 August 2016, 13:15,
Survival UK Sites next steps
Thank you all for the input on the previous thread on how to put life back into Survival UK. Your views have been received and recorded.

I've put a new post on the main site where I also explain a bit of history, what I am thinking and ask for your opinion on that.

Feel free to contribute here
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 August 2016, 22:04,
RE: Survival UK Sites next steps
Voted and I would like to go back to basic survival skill you know the stuff that will be useful in any shtf, and I really would like things to stay on topic, if you can't add to the thread then just don't post in that thread move on to another that might be more your cup of tea, and definitely don't hijack it.

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
24 December 2016, 11:43,
Looking for a local survival group because of the impending catastrophe thats coming our way.
I live in Dundee and I think most people are asleep/do not know what is about to happen.
If there is anyone whom can point me in the right direction.
I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Deek.
24 December 2016, 14:58,
(7 August 2016, 22:04)Nemesis Wrote: Voted and I would like to go back to basic survival skill you know the stuff that will be useful in any shtf, and I really would like things to stay on topic, if you can't add to the thread then just don't post in that thread move on to another that might be more your cup of tea, and definitely don't hijack it.

Ditto what Nem said.

And I'll reinforce the statement that if one cannot contribute constructively to the Prep / Survival debate remaining quiet is the best option for everyone.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

24 December 2016, 16:21,
Here here !!
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
25 December 2016, 16:04,
I used to rather enjoy all the rant-y Luton themed stuff.
Suburban neighbours= stranger- danger.
25 December 2016, 17:20,
I have done some light weight counting and cross checking and one of the most interesting things I find is that the average number of posts made on any thread before it is hijacked and turned into a social or political rant, or a query as to the location of the nearest buss stop, is 5 posts.

This very thread only made it to post number 3!

Add to that the apparent inability of anyone to post or start threads in the proper category and we have total confusion on most issues.

And those "basic survival skills"? How do we define those anyway? Is anyone really doing any of that at this point? No one seems to want to talk about "basic skills" when they are brought up.

Is bushcraft a basic skill? Seems I posted a thread on an outing back in October and no one wished to talk about the outdoors or skills to use once the door slammed behind you.

When was the last thread about foraging, snaring, trapping? And how many posts did it make before it became a class struggle issue?

How about security and self defense in the real world and not incorporating the primary weapons used on the last season of Game of Thrones?

What about food production and storage when more than one shelf is available?

We have a forum with all these things available and organized into neat sub sections, It is simply not being used, respected or referenced.

I am a member of several forums, some good and some really rotten.

Each is defined by the moderators who do or do not delete off topic threads, control trolling, delete personal attacks and encourage discussion.

Most of the multitude of moderators that were once here, aside from doing nothing when they were here, have now abandoned ship!

The forum is fine, its the people not doing their jobs on the forum that need revision.
26 December 2016, 22:21,
Trolls, never seen any trolls on here before.
27 December 2016, 17:17,
SD, there's an old Texas sayin', "don't fix what ain't broke!"

There are probably not many new survival items/ideas that come out in a month. If you limit your forum to this only, the forum will die.

I value the insights of you all "across the pond". First-hand information from the UK is hard to come by in the US, since it's mostly filtered through our politically-correct main-stream media.

I enjoy the "Scenarios" which are an exercise in group problem solving. I also enjoy any and all threads on topics which I know very little about. All I can personally contribute that would be strictly survival-related is in either in emergency medicine or amateur radio.

I treasure the folks here. The regulars are a cohesive group that tend to challenge each other - "group-think" is mostly not allowed, thanks to Harry Palmer and Charles Harris to mention but two of the "regulars". Big Paul, the resident curmudgeon, needs to come back and post more often.

You might want to tweak the format a bit, but by and large, what you have here seems to be working.

JP
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!