Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
butchery
4 February 2012, 17:38,
RE: butchery
(4 February 2012, 15:07)Reality Jones Wrote:
(4 February 2012, 13:12)Tartar Horde Wrote: I've butchered a lot of rabbits and birds, but i'd rather gut a hundred Rabbits than one Pheasant, after all these years Pheasants still make me gag lol
And Squirrels are very good eating

Pheasants are easy to de breast, I did one last week. No plucking. No mess and very very quick.
yes, i was thinking that, breast meat is the best meat on a pheasant, mind you the best way to prepare a pheasant is to hang it first, it dosent taste that nice if you dont hang it for at least a week in the winter or a couple of days in the summer.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 February 2012, 16:09,
(4 February 2012, 17:38)bigpaul Wrote:
(4 February 2012, 15:07)Reality Jones Wrote:
(4 February 2012, 13:12)Tartar Horde Wrote: I've butchered a lot of rabbits and birds, but i'd rather gut a hundred Rabbits than one Pheasant, after all these years Pheasants still make me gag lol
And Squirrels are very good eating

Pheasants are easy to de breast, I did one last week. No plucking. No mess and very very quick.
yes, i was thinking that, breast meat is the best meat on a pheasant, mind you the best way to prepare a pheasant is to hang it first, it dosent taste that nice if you dont hang it for at least a week in the winter or a couple of days in the summer.

I always hang mine for at least a week in the shed during the winter and inside during the summer, I've found the hens to be a bit tastier than the cocks though
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

6 February 2012, 09:26,
Am I the only person on this forum that doesn't butcher their own meat?
6 February 2012, 10:08,
There are lots of people who don't. We buy 1/2 animals direct from smallholders and i butcher them at home. Fish for me is the worst i can never remove the fillet from the skin in one piece.
6 February 2012, 10:13,
(6 February 2012, 10:08)uks Wrote: We buy 1/2 animals direct from smallholders and i butcher them at home. Fish for me is the worst i can never remove the fillet from the skin in one piece.

Just rubbing it in now mate. Now I'm going to rub it in....I can usually remove the fish perfectly. No newspaper or chips on it! Ha, stick that in your butchery-better-than-Scythe13 ways. Haha.

In all seriousness, I've only ever caught fish and thrown them back in the water. Never taken a knife to an animal in my life. Not even dissected a work or anything in school. I swear down schools are trying to make us less independant and more dependant on the system.
6 February 2012, 12:31,
(6 February 2012, 10:13)Scythe13 Wrote: I swear down schools are trying to make us less independant and more dependant on the system.

that dosent surprise me at all, i heard that schools dont teach BRITISH history any more in case it upsets the ethnic children.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 February 2012, 12:58,
(6 February 2012, 12:31)bigpaul Wrote: that dosent surprise me at all, i heard that schools dont teach BRITISH history any more in case it upsets the ethnic children.

I bet they don't teach about General John J. Pershing then?

BP, I bet you already know who he is.

For those of you that don't, it's a good lesson in anti-terrorism, and butchering bacon haha.
6 February 2012, 14:52,
(6 February 2012, 12:58)Scythe13 Wrote:
(6 February 2012, 12:31)bigpaul Wrote: that dosent surprise me at all, i heard that schools dont teach BRITISH history any more in case it upsets the ethnic children.

For those of you that don't, it's a good lesson in anti-terrorism, and butchering bacon haha.

yes, i've certainly heard of him!
6 February 2012, 16:47,
(6 February 2012, 12:31)bigpaul Wrote:
(6 February 2012, 10:13)Scythe13 Wrote: I swear down schools are trying to make us less independant and more dependant on the system.

that dosent surprise me at all, i heard that schools dont teach BRITISH history any more in case it upsets the ethnic children.

When i went to comprehensive school back in the 70's in the 4th year the boys did woodwork and the girls did cookery, but for 2 terms we swapped so the boys did cookery and the girls woodwork. It was a great thing to learn the basic's of cooking im sure this prepared us more for everyday life.

Its a very sad fact that we are being underminded as native white British people and that our children will not known or will have a distorted view of our and there past.

Back to the butchery. Several years ago we took the dicision to move away from buying and using prepared products and that we would make our own. If i said its just as quick that would not be true it does take a bit longer but we make enough for 2 or 3 meals and freezing it. What we dont grow we buy as local as we can. Buying the meat direct and butchering it yourselfs save between £20-25 that we would have to pay a butcher. So the meat comes out as cheap as you can buy in the supermarkets, but of the highest quaility.
6 February 2012, 16:49,
(6 February 2012, 14:52)bigpaul Wrote:
(6 February 2012, 12:58)Scythe13 Wrote:

yes, i've certainly heard of him!

I have a sneaky suspicion that if he was alive today, you two would be good friends haha. In fairness, what works, works.