Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
What have done towards your prep?
30 November 2022, 15:47,
RE: What have done towards your prep?
replacing fencing tomorrow.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 November 2022, 22:38,
(27 November 2022, 17:42)Straight Shooter Wrote: Walked into the brew shed to make the sloe gin …only to discover I had already made it ! Been shaking the bottle ever since , I can now remember doing it ! What a muppet ! But there you go .

The small poly tunnel is doing great everything has come good ! The potatoes have now keeled over and will be ready for Christmas , the salad leaves are ready to pick , the onions have a bit to go yet as well as the turnips , garlic will be a while , the carrots will be a good while yet and the best bit is no heat was used up till now ! .

The big poly tunnel was cleared and to last of the tomatoes have been processed in the dehydrator along with the last of the chillies …….the sil has plans for this poly tunnel but has not sent me the memo yet ? …..but hey there you go …..must be a top secret mission ! .

The chickens are laying around 24/28 eggs per week , the bees are doing fine and have been treated so all is well at the moment .

Firewood processing has come to a full stop due to all the rain and wind , but I will get to it when I can it’s not important right now ! .

Been buying some gear so I can carry on with some projects in the workshop …….there are only so many Welsh cakes , corned beef pasties , chicken pies , minced beef pies , and bread a guy can help bake …..to the point of wild child ordering me out of the kitchen ……in fact insisting that the workshop was calling on me ! Yes it’s fair to say her pain barrier has fallen of a cliff !

We continue to maintain our food preps and find spaces to store it ! Along with other preps as we see a need for stuff that we might need as time go's by .

The truck had new belts and water pump fitted ……the guy said they had been already done …..but done them anyway …..at least I have piece of mind now .

Sloe Gin is best if you wait for the first Frost, I'm sure I don't need to tell you to remove the sloes before they start giving off cyanide (6 months) so I hope you haven't left them since last year.
1 December 2022, 00:27,
Many thanks Harry ! And no I was not aware ! But I am well in on the time….good that you pointed it out Harry ! Thank you pal .
15 December 2022, 23:00,
Here’s one for BP ! Seen a few signs going up ( pallets wanted cash paid ) now these have been about for years but all of a sudden these signs are popping up everywhere ? ……where I buy my chicken feed they used to leave old pallets on the side and were Free ….the sign said …..when I asked where they were , I was told the locals come most days and collect them for firewood “ we don’t mind we just want them gone “ ….one old gentleman has opened up the fire place in his living room the girl said ….ex miner of 76 years old she said he takes most of the pallets .

We used to collect trailer fulls from a pallet yard up until last year , but that gig is now finished ! The lads working there now have wood burners , they take everything for themselves …..which is fair enough .
16 December 2022, 09:39,
I get mine from a mini industrial estate on the edge of town, I only use the small ones, dont burn the bigger ones they are full of a toxic preservative that will give off fumes when burnt, the smaller ones are almost disposable.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 January 2023, 16:24,
Been sorting the freezers out this morning , turned out a pile of veg and some beef along with some lamb ……out come the stock pot , it’s about a foot by a foot tall , added some water and placed it on the wood stove .

I trimmed and cubed the meat and placed that on the gas stove added water and boiled that up slow and long .

I returned the the stockpot and loaded up with the veg ….everything went in there including four stock cubes , pepper n salt and a shot of Tabasco along with three bay leaves , then added the meat , it’s been simmering away for hours …..I will let it simmer till around dinner time . I have eight containers cleaned and ready , I will freeze them for a ready meals and still have enough for a big bowl for din dins tonight accompanied by some chunks of crusty bread . So things get recycled and waste is kept to bear minimum ! Keep an eye on your tinned preps also and use them up also! …………..keep to a strict rotation routine .
8 January 2023, 16:32,
had to empty the meat freezer as it was desperately in need of a defrost, done and dusted! new meat delivery coming on Tuesday straight from the farm which will finish topping it up.
got dentists check up on Tuesday morning, I go every 6 months, NHS dentists policy is now to save your teeth if its at all possible rather than extract them.
monthly run to top up the tinned preps in about 10 days, we go mid week early in the morning not many people in the store at that time and can easily avoid the few that are there, they usually get out of the way when they see me coming!!!LOL.
8 January 2023, 17:07,
Yes I have two freezers that are in need of a good defrost , that will get done this week ! Wild child has a new routine sorted out for all the freezers and set on a better rotation plan …..she said so long as the fuck up fairies don’t bullock things up her new routine will work just fine ! ……I was reminded the workshop is being visited by these fairies most every week ………when I catch up with these buggers I’m going to hit the crap out of them ! Wild child shook her head rolled her eyes back and said yeah right ! .
14 January 2023, 16:32, (This post was last modified: 14 January 2023, 16:33 by Barneyboy.)
Been a while how is everyone
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
14 January 2023, 16:44,
(14 January 2023, 16:32)Barneyboy Wrote: Been a while how is everyone
fine BB, no problems here.