Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Good blog article on " Lone Wolf Survivalists"
21 February 2012, 11:54,
RE: Good blog article on " Lone Wolf Survivalists"
(21 February 2012, 11:40)Scythe13 Wrote: One of the major things will be keeping weirdos, gun nuts, knife nuts, and the alike out of the group.

Boy are you going to have a long lonely day !!!! Smile

21 February 2012, 11:54,
(21 February 2012, 11:47)Skean Dhude Wrote: Well, if I'm not welcome. Smile

Be careful with catagorising people like that as that is how the MSM sees all preppers.

SD, you're a knife connisseur. There's a big difference. A nut is someone that walks around and starts every other sentence with the words, I've got this knife.......

Usually the people in the nut category are pretty poop at opsec. Also they often come with a load of people already watching them, and they are the topic of conversation amongst their friends.
21 February 2012, 12:02, (This post was last modified: 21 February 2012, 12:05 by NorthernRaider.)
(21 February 2012, 11:54)Scythe13 Wrote:

Be careful with catagorising people like that as that is how the MSM sees all preppers.

SD, you're a knife connisseur. There's a big difference. A nut is someone that walks around and starts every other sentence with the words, I've got this knife.......

Well erm..... I ah, erm....... ( hides knife in drawer) I could not agree more..... shuffles nervously and feels vulnerable !>

(21 February 2012, 11:54)Scythe13 Wrote:

SD, you're a knife connisseur.

Connisseur, thats not the word beginning with C you normally use to describe our own version of Lord Blackadeer ! Smile

21 February 2012, 12:31,
oh dear you do sound needy scyth...your not scared of the dark as well are you?
you needing a group to survive and prosper tut tut..Tongue
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
21 February 2012, 12:44,
(21 February 2012, 12:31)mikebratcher69 Wrote: oh dear you do sound needy scyth...your not scared of the dark as well are you?

this brings us back to the original thread, i would rather be on my own than have to deal with a group of sheeple who havent got a clue and have never lit a fire in their lives and always had central heating, in that case i think any one of us would be better off on their own. i have never been a great one for other(ordinary) people, thats why i take the dog for a nice long walk after lunch every day, up past the fields and woods where there are no people, you can be alone with your thoughts up there. you could call me anti social(YOUR ANTI SOCIAL PAUL-there told you soBig Grin) but i think there is a place after TSHTF for lone wolves. BP "El-Lobo"!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 February 2012, 12:45, (This post was last modified: 21 February 2012, 12:46 by Reality Jones.)
I've got this knife!............... The meet should be about welcoming everyone who wants to be a part of it Scythe, you can't control how these things evolve and they don't always go the way you want them to either. I've seen many a good intentioned group go to the wall and fracture, but that's just what happens. Go with the flow for as long as you can.

As for your Friday recon' I chose the King William because it has two main entrances, one at the front and one at the back. easy escape routes that lead to the river or harbour depending on which way you head.
(21 February 2012, 12:44)bigpaul Wrote:
(21 February 2012, 12:31)mikebratcher69 Wrote: oh dear you do sound needy scyth...your not scared of the dark as well are you?

this brings us back to the original thread, i would rather be on my own than have to deal with a group of sheeple who havent got a clue and have never lit a fire in their lives and always had central heating, in that case i think any one of us would be better off on their own. i have never been a great one for other(ordinary) people, thats why i take the dog for a nice long walk after lunch every day, up past the fields and woods where there are no people, you can be alone with your thoughts up there. you could call me anti social(YOUR ANTI SOCIAL PAUL-there told you soBig Grin) but i think there is a place after TSHTF for lone wolves. BP "El-Lobo"!Tongue

I agree that the lone wolf has a part to play in short term survival, like a BOB. But in the long term you're gonna need to 'grou'p up to survive.
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

21 February 2012, 13:05,
ya boo sucks groups stink so ner ner ne ner ner loners forever viva loners!!!!!!TongueTongue
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
21 February 2012, 13:09,
I agree with what RJ said. Lonewolves play a role in the short term. It's the long term stuff that really takes a team.

With trying to control who goes in and out of the group, all I mean is that there are some people that would be more of a liability than an asset. These are the type of people that we, as a group, should be very careful of.
21 February 2012, 15:39,
TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
21 February 2012, 16:06,
(21 February 2012, 13:09)Scythe13 Wrote: I agree with what RJ said. Lonewolves play a role in the short term. It's the long term stuff that really takes a team.

With trying to control who goes in and out of the group, all I mean is that there are some people that would be more of a liability than an asset. These are the type of people that we, as a group, should be very careful of.

depends on who's in the group, a group of preppers is one thing, but if its post TSHTF and i'm still here-where i live- there is nobody around here i would want in a group, in fact most of them i'd stay a 100 miles away from, too many sheeple of the " i want it & i want it now!" variety, so just me and the OH-thats our little group!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.