Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Good blog article on " Lone Wolf Survivalists"
21 February 2012, 19:32,
RE: Good blog article on " Lone Wolf Survivalists"
(21 February 2012, 16:06)bigpaul Wrote:
(21 February 2012, 13:09)Scythe13 Wrote: I agree with what RJ said. Lonewolves play a role in the short term. It's the long term stuff that really takes a team.

With trying to control who goes in and out of the group, all I mean is that there are some people that would be more of a liability than an asset. These are the type of people that we, as a group, should be very careful of.

depends on who's in the group, a group of preppers is one thing, but if its post TSHTF and i'm still here-where i live- there is nobody around here i would want in a group, in fact most of them i'd stay a 100 miles away from, too many sheeple of the " i want it & i want it now!" variety, so just me and the OH-thats our little group!

That's fair. A team should be made up of people that look out for each other. If each member looks out for their team more than they look out for themselves, then the whole team will prosper.

If people have a lonewolf attitude in the team, that has the potential to become dangerous.
21 February 2012, 21:03,
Methinks your very scared of the lone wolves scythe.... having to have your group around you.... TongueTongueTongue
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
21 February 2012, 23:53,
"One of the major things will be keeping weirdos, gun nuts, knife nuts, and the alike out of the group."

Please define the boundaries of distinction in these categories, so I can see wether I am acceptable or not. Angel

22 February 2012, 07:01,
T, I am sure you are acceptable, judging by your posts. Kenneth Eames.
22 February 2012, 09:56,
(21 February 2012, 23:53)Timelord Wrote: "One of the major things will be keeping weirdos, gun nuts, knife nuts, and the alike out of the group."

Please define the boundaries of distinction in these categories, so I can see wether I am acceptable or not. Angel

Both SD and myself expressed that concern Smile

22 February 2012, 11:28,
(21 February 2012, 19:32)Scythe13 Wrote:
(21 February 2012, 16:06)bigpaul Wrote:
(21 February 2012, 13:09)Scythe13 Wrote: I agree with what RJ said. Lonewolves play a role in the short term. It's the long term stuff that really takes a team.

With trying to control who goes in and out of the group, all I mean is that there are some people that would be more of a liability than an asset. These are the type of people that we, as a group, should be very careful of.

depends on who's in the group, a group of preppers is one thing, but if its post TSHTF and i'm still here-where i live- there is nobody around here i would want in a group, in fact most of them i'd stay a 100 miles away from, too many sheeple of the " i want it & i want it now!" variety, so just me and the OH-thats our little group!

That's fair. A team should be made up of people that look out for each other. If each member looks out for their team more than they look out for themselves, then the whole team will prosper.

If people have a lonewolf attitude in the team, that has the potential to become dangerous.
anyone with a lone wolf attitude is NOT going to want to join a team, so i think you are fairly safe, Scythe.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 February 2012, 12:07,
Being a team player you've already admited you cant survive on your own... Thats a kind of defeatest attitude that wont be tollerated...
Take him away and execute him now!!!Tongue
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
22 February 2012, 12:19, (This post was last modified: 22 February 2012, 12:20 by NorthernRaider.)
(22 February 2012, 12:07)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Being a team player you've already admited you cant survive on your own... Thats a kind of defeatest attitude that wont be tollerated...
Take him away and execute him now!!!Tongue

Now that was funny Smile
Chances are at teams we may need or choose to work as a team, and at other times we prefer to operate only with our families, and on a few tasks such as recce's lone wolfs

22 February 2012, 13:50, (This post was last modified: 22 February 2012, 13:52 by Scythe13.)
I think all are valid, if entertaining, points.

I define a gun/knife nut as someone that is using a SHTF situation as an excuse to have a gun/knife. Please note that I have worded that carefully. The main word being excuse.

I've ordered a load of knives recently and am waiting for the mail man to drop them off. I have them for the reason of being prepared should TSHTF. If I had ordered the knives first, stocked up on loads of knives and then decided TEOTWAWKI is justification, then there is an issue with wires being crossed.

I don't know anyone on this forum that would be considered more of a knife jockey than myself or maybe SD. I've done loads of martial arts which taught knife use. Also I've worked doors and confiscated many knives (that magically appeared in my bedroom at the end of the shift).

The main word with gun nut and knife nut is the word NUT!!! I don't think it acceptable that a new member comes in and presents a clear danger to a member of the group. When I say a danger, I mean that in many ways. If BP came in with a machete, he's not going to use it to chop someone up. He knows what he's doing with a blade, but has self control. If someone comes into the group and does not have that level of self control, there will be issues that appear as a danger to the group and it's members.

That is what I'm sure everyone in the group wants to avoid.
Sorry BP, just thought I'd use you as an example.

There is a difference between potential danger, BP with a knife. Actual danger, a nazi with a machete in a jewish school. And group danger, a big mouth that gets drunk and loses opsec by shouting to all their mates, or someone that is trying to impress their friends.
22 February 2012, 14:00,
(22 February 2012, 13:50)Scythe13 Wrote: I think all are valid, if entertaining, points.

I define a gun/knife nut as someone that is using a SHTF situation as an excuse to have a gun/knife. Please note that I have worded that carefully. The main word being excuse.

I've ordered a load of knives recently and am waiting for the mail man to drop them off. I have them for the reason of being prepared should TSHTF. If I had ordered the knives first, stocked up on loads of knives and then decided TEOTWAWKI is justification, then there is an issue with wires being crossed.

I don't know anyone on this forum that would be considered more of a knife jockey than myself or maybe SD. I've done loads of martial arts which taught knife use. Also I've worked doors and confiscated many knives (that magically appeared in my bedroom at the end of the shift).

The main word with gun nut and knife nut is the word NUT!!! I don't think it acceptable that a new member comes in and presents a clear danger to a member of the group. When I say a danger, I mean that in many ways. If BP came in with a machete, he's not going to use it to chop someone up. He knows what he's doing with a blade, but has self control. If someone comes into the group and does not have that level of self control, there will be issues that appear as a danger to the group and it's members.

That is what I'm sure everyone in the group wants to avoid.
Sorry BP, just thought I'd use you as an example.

There is a difference between potential danger, BP with a knife. Actual danger, a nazi with a machete in a jewish school. And group danger, a big mouth that gets drunk and loses opsec by shouting to all their mates, or someone that is trying to impress their friends.
thats OK Scythe, no offence taken. as far as knives go,i have a few, but i dont go waving them around, in fact the way i dress you wouldn't know i was carrying a knife.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.