Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What would you do?
29 October 2012, 21:19,
RE: What would you do?
That is what I am doing prepping for my extended family. It only goes so far though.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 October 2012, 11:54,
Ask yourself why they are turning up at your doorstep anyway. If its because they have exhausted a list of other options and have nowhere else to turn, then fair enough, they will have to earn their keep by pulling their weight like everyone else. If it's because you have failed with OPSEC, or they are a security risk (rackingadisaprin), you will need to be more careful. Don't sink your lifeboat with your immediate family by overloading it with silly people.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
30 October 2012, 20:54,
right ive just read this question , on a day to day basis any of my neighbours, say hello and thats it , they are wrapped up in their little worlds. I hurt myself in august this year cutting my knee to the bone whilst working on my truck , I saw these people just watched me as im sat on the pavement bandaging myself up ( I have a first aid kit in my truck) , so would I help them NO , they are all smiles and more talkative when the snow comes , is that a co-incedence or is that I have a 4x4, ?I have made arrangements for 8 people inc myself , and thats it , I have stated in another thread that I would take 1 poss 2 children , but thats it the adults would have to whistle,

regards

nenook
when being chased by a hungry lion , you don't have to be the fastest runner, you just have to run faster than the bloke next to you !Smile
30 October 2012, 21:04,
I agree with Nenook, during that horrendous winter two years back the only time my neighbours called was to ask to borrow my metal snow shovel and pickaxe. A couple of youngsters who use to live two doors away accused my missus of being uttery selfish for driving a 4x4, even though she needs it to reach her patients often up the dales. Then that same winter they come knocking at the door asking if we can use the 4x4 to pull their car off their drive. !!! Wankers.

30 October 2012, 21:37,
oh my fucking god , I was driving in the snow saw an a car in front of me struggling to get up an incline , I waited until it stooped , the guy gets out sees me coming , I slowed down went to go round to stop and pull him up as I pass he shouts Wanker , I opened the door poked my head out and told him ' I was just going round to help you , whos the wanker now, ? now you can fuck off' an hour later on my return journey
he is still there , even had the nerve to wave me down , as far as I know he dident freeze to death , moral of the story , don't piss on your fire until you know you don't need any more heat from it ! it made me chuckle for a long time that ,

regards

nenook
when being chased by a hungry lion , you don't have to be the fastest runner, you just have to run faster than the bloke next to you !Smile
30 October 2012, 22:08,
Luckily blood is not thicker than water with our respective families.
That's made our joint decision REALLY EASY.
We've prepped for us two and the dawg.

They'll be told, "Just go away".
6 November 2012, 17:20,
That was the first dilemma on my mind after I started realising how important it is to prep.
I live in a small flat so I am prepping for a max of 6 including my two little Generals and me. I could maybe take in 2 kids and 1 adult or 2 adults and 1 kid.
Am not sure who will come to me when TSHTF but I would have to be careful about whom I took on. I would certainly have to turn some folks away.
My siblings live abroad and I am separated from my boys' mother. She would certainly have to fend for herself but I would move heaven and earth to get my boys to mine. and then bar the door. My kukri will be sharp and my bow will be ready (I will hopefully be stocked up on arrows and spares). I will hopefully have enough preps for at least 3 months...
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
6 November 2012, 17:27,
Winter before last when we were snowed in for nearly 4 weeks, NOBODY knocked on the door to see if we were OK, wife's daughter cant even be bothered to phone her mother unless mother does it first, so sod em all...its the 2 of us and the dog and neighbours and family can go hang!!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 November 2012, 19:50,
Like a learned person said, "You can chose your friends, you're stuck with your family".
Yet we'll have the last laugh on the family.

6 November 2012, 23:14,
Your wife's daughter needs her head examined, Bigpaul.
I wish I had my parents still alive to phone and talk with. I fully second your view.

As to surviving and having the last laugh, Paul, I really hope we do survive but I somehow do not see us laughing very much for a while after SHTF.
Still...good luck to all us preppers!!!!
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.