Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What would you do?
7 November 2012, 10:14,
RE: What would you do?
(6 November 2012, 23:14)Mandlaka Wrote: Your wife's daughter needs her head examined, Bigpaul.
I wish I had my parents still alive to phone and talk with. I fully second your view.

As to surviving and having the last laugh, Paul, I really hope we do survive but I somehow do not see us laughing very much for a while after SHTF.
Still...good luck to all us preppers!!!!

i shall be laughing all the time post SHTF Mandlaka! thats when all preppers/survivalists will come of age.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 November 2012, 15:35,
I shall certainly be needing to come of age (prepper-ly speaking) as I still have much to learn.
Any of you near Londonistan when SHTF are welcome to team up with me.

I need to find claymore mines...in case my already very strong door is breached..
Maybe we can improvise on that...
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
7 November 2012, 16:02,
(7 November 2012, 15:35)Mandlaka Wrote: I shall certainly be needing to come of age (prepper-ly speaking) as I still have much to learn.

I need to find claymore mines...in case my already very strong door is breached..

the thought of being anywhere near Londonistan( or any big city) when TSH
TF makes me shudder, last years riots were a clear indication of what would happen.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 November 2012, 23:39,
I have to agree, BP.
But I left to me I would not even be in England!
I would have been gone long ago but am tied here 'cos I could never leave my boys to be raised alone by their mother who would make a hash of it and very likely not prep.
After all the legal battles I have endured I could not move elsewhere and leave them so here in the deathtrap i must remain...for now...
8 November 2012, 09:10,
I am willing to accept the following: my housemates who prepping with me, my brother, any housemates who have some useful skills and fellow preppers from this forum anyone else will not be welcome. I have no risk of my opsec failing as I take it extremely seriously so do the other housemates who prep with me as well.
8 November 2012, 09:17,
(7 November 2012, 23:39)Mandlaka Wrote: I have to agree, BP.
I would have been gone long ago but am tied here 'cos I could never leave my boys to be raised alone by their mother who would make a hash of it and very likely not prep.
After all the legal battles I have endured I could not move elsewhere and leave them so here in the deathtrap i must remain...for now...

In which case your preps need to include planning for a rapid escape when things start to go tits up. Perhaps taking the kids on a short holiday?

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 November 2012, 09:45,
(8 November 2012, 09:17)Skean Dhude Wrote:
(7 November 2012, 23:39)Mandlaka Wrote: I have to agree, BP.

In which case your preps need to include planning for a rapid escape when things start to go tits up. Perhaps taking the kids on a short holiday?
also you need to plan a safe route out, several in fact in case one or more are compromised.
8 November 2012, 09:48,
(7 November 2012, 15:35)Mandlaka Wrote: I shall certainly be needing to come of age (prepper-ly speaking) as I still have much to learn.

Dont be daft, you need to be finding multiple escape routes out of London not using roads if you get to the stage people are bashing your font door in. Kurki or Bow will only stop one or two people, then if you get hurt who is going to care for your two little generals . Stop thinking like Rambo and start thinking about ensuring the kids still have a dad.

8 November 2012, 11:10,
To be honest, you gents are very right.
I never thought of the holiday idea and will factor that in.

As to routes out of London, I have started ordering maps so I can try and sort the routes out.
I cannot legally drive but have learnt to so I would have to see about 'borrowing' a vehicle long term if the roads do not get clogged (which they most likely will be).

As to using my kukri or bow when I have got it, I would really prefer to not be in the situation. You are so spot on when you ask what would happen to my boys if I got hurt or killed. That is my most persistent thought and I have no positive answers come to mind yet.
8 November 2012, 11:17,
(8 November 2012, 11:10)Mandlaka Wrote: To be honest, you gents are very right.
I never thought of the holiday idea and will factor that in.

As to routes out of London, I have started ordering maps so I can try and sort the routes out.
I cannot legally drive but have learnt to so I would have to see about 'borrowing' a vehicle long term if the roads do not get clogged (which they most likely will be).

As to using my kukri or bow when I have got it, I would really prefer to not be in the situation. You are so spot on when you ask what would happen to my boys if I got hurt or killed. That is my most persistent thought and I have no positive answers come to mind yet.
try this: http://maps.google.co.uk if you've got a printer you can print them off.