Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Sort of movie about a prepper.
2 March 2012, 09:36,
RE: Sort of movie about a prepper.
Carnebwen

I started watching that film last night. But I was knackered and fell asleep. I'll finish it off tonight, but it seemed pretty good. The main character stole my idea of sinking a freight container into the ground.

I had that idea ages ago, but only remembered it when I started this job. There are loads of freight containers on the other side of the road from my office. I don't think they're for sale, but they'll be available from somewhere.

The main guy seems like a decent guy (I'm only half way into the film though), but I feel really sorry for him. It's like The Walking Dead. The main character is a decent person, but his lady is a right cow!!! I think it's half way similar to real life. Women never support the guy that is looking out for them. Well, most women don't. AlyBear is the exception. Binary's misses is an exception too.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 March 2012, 09:55,
The original and fully researched out plan to use shipping ISO containers as fully sustaining sub ter retreats is attributed to a British Prepper called John Locke, he did massive amounts of research into ther subject including water proofing, rust proofing, air circulation, security, load stresses for earth piled onto etc. The guy was insanely knowlegable on all aspects of civil defence, I called him my pet archivist Smile I thing he in turn got the concept from early Civil Defence studies.

2 March 2012, 10:35,
(2 March 2012, 09:55)NorthernRaider Wrote: The original and fully researched out plan to use shipping ISO containers as fully sustaining sub ter retreats is attributed to a British Prepper called John Locke, he did massive amounts of research into ther subject including water proofing, rust proofing, air circulation, security, load stresses for earth piled onto etc. The guy was insanely knowlegable on all aspects of civil defence, I called him my pet archivist Smile I thing he in turn got the concept from early Civil Defence studies.

One day I'll come up with an idea that hasn't already been thought of. I well thought that was an original idea of mine, until I youtubed it, and someone was turning one into an underground wine cellar.

Why are all my original ideas inevitably thought of by someone out of my knowledge? Damn it!!!

Okay next idea......rocket powered pens. For when you can't push down hard enough by yourself!!!
2 March 2012, 11:55, (This post was last modified: 2 March 2012, 11:58 by NorthernRaider.)
(2 March 2012, 10:35)Scythe13 Wrote:
(2 March 2012, 09:55)NorthernRaider Wrote: The original and fully researched out plan to use shipping ISO containers as fully sustaining sub ter retreats is attributed to a British Prepper called John Locke, he did massive amounts of research into ther subject including water proofing, rust proofing, air circulation, security, load stresses for earth piled onto etc. The guy was insanely knowlegable on all aspects of civil defence, I called him my pet archivist Smile I thing he in turn got the concept from early Civil Defence studies.

One day I'll come up with an idea that hasn't already been thought of. I well thought that was an original idea of mine, until I youtubed it, and someone was turning one into an underground wine cellar.

Why are all my original ideas inevitably thought of by someone out of my knowledge? Damn it!!!

Okay next idea......rocket powered pens. For when you can't push down hard enough by yourself!!!

Keep up the optimism Smile I remember thinking I had the brilliant idea first of burrying old buses to make a shelter until I came across Bruce Beaches website in Canada where the git had burried a load of buses and built a retreat suitable for over a hundred people.
(2 March 2012, 10:35)Scythe13 Wrote: One day I'll come up with an idea that hasn't already been thought of. I well thought that was an original idea of mine, until I youtubed it, and someone was turning one into an underground wine cellar.

I said to my wife I wanted to invent something that would make every woman in the world want to make love with me, she just smirked, then laughed and pointed out it already existed.
MONEY, lots of MONEY makes even the ugliest guy attractive to women Smile

2 March 2012, 12:21,
Is that bus guy you are talking about the guy that started with 4, got a good deal on more and buried 40 of them in concrete? He called it the ark 2 or something. If it was unread a good article about him in vice magazine.
2 March 2012, 12:36,
(2 March 2012, 12:21)Carnebwen Wrote: Is that bus guy you are talking about the guy that started with 4, got a good deal on more and buried 40 of them in concrete? He called it the ark 2 or something. If it was unread a good article about him in vice magazine.

Arc 2. I've heard of that. Didn't think of it, but was it the American school buses he buried? I've heard of that guy as well.
2 March 2012, 12:57,
Need to big a hole for double deckers Smile