Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My New Apartment/Flat
7 March 2012, 10:13,
RE: My New Apartment/Flat
If you move any more I'm going to buy you a bloody tent !!! Smile

7 March 2012, 12:12,
(7 March 2012, 09:35)Scythe13 Wrote: Okay everyone, a quick update on my new place.....I'm changing rooms at the end of the month. Oh yes, I kid you not. I'm getting the bigger room! You all know what that means......false wall time! RJ, I'm looking at you mate.

Another thing, I have much easier access to the roof as well! A small ladder, and I'm up there.

So, it looks like a better option right? Yes and no. It provides me with much better storage capacity, escape routes and things like that. The only issue is that I have normal wall windows, and they face a block of flats. I've accepted this negative part with the decision that the benefits provided by that room out weigh the downside of slightly lower opsec, and easier outside access. Let's be fair, I'm going to be making a way to secure the windows better than most people. Maybe a small bar/grid system, or possibly even shutters that I can lock into place on the inside. The most important things for me are the increased space, access to the roof, and the ability to get in and out of the building faster. In a couple of months I'm going to be securing a climbing anchor point on our roof so that I can clip in a climbing rope and belay myself down to the street from the roof.
can the tenants of the block of flats see into yours? if so, the first thing you need is decent net curtains on the windows or some blinds, you dont want them seeing in when ALY is there do you? i made the mistake of having thin curtains on my( first ever flat) bedroom windows, i wondered why the local kids where outside sniggering, got told why by my upstairs neighbour next day, talk about embarrased!!!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 March 2012, 12:20,
I did the same in a tent once with a lamp on inside.... in my old houses back garden.... I wondered why there was a crowd...Undecided
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
7 March 2012, 12:55,
(7 March 2012, 12:12)bigpaul Wrote:
(7 March 2012, 09:35)Scythe13 Wrote: Okay everyone, a quick update on my new place.....I'm changing rooms at the end of the month. Oh yes, I kid you not. I'm getting the bigger room! You all know what that means......false wall time! RJ, I'm looking at you mate.

Another thing, I have much easier access to the roof as well! A small ladder, and I'm up there.

So, it looks like a better option right? Yes and no. It provides me with much better storage capacity, escape routes and things like that. The only issue is that I have normal wall windows, and they face a block of flats. I've accepted this negative part with the decision that the benefits provided by that room out weigh the downside of slightly lower opsec, and easier outside access. Let's be fair, I'm going to be making a way to secure the windows better than most people. Maybe a small bar/grid system, or possibly even shutters that I can lock into place on the inside. The most important things for me are the increased space, access to the roof, and the ability to get in and out of the building faster. In a couple of months I'm going to be securing a climbing anchor point on our roof so that I can clip in a climbing rope and belay myself down to the street from the roof.
can the tenants of the block of flats see into yours? if so, the first thing you need is decent net curtains on the windows or some blinds, you dont want them seeing in when ALY is there do you? i made the mistake of having thin curtains on my( first ever flat) bedroom windows, i wondered why the local kids where outside sniggering, got told why by my upstairs neighbour next day, talk about embarrased!!!Tongue

Reflective mirror film on the windows is good

7 March 2012, 14:08,
I've thought about the curtains already. I'm thinking of getting some metal shutters on the inside, or a set I can keep outside, but that I can bolt closed from the inside. The idea is to make it look boarded up WTSHTF, as if it's unoccupied.

I'm also thinking of working on the roof in the dusk. No point letting the scrotes in the tower see what I'm caching on the roof. One thing, you've got to love roof mounted water tank things!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin