Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bugging out??
11 March 2012, 12:45,
RE: Bugging out??
just been for a drive this morning and ended up at M##### Reservoir and wondered, has anyone considered bugging out to a reservoir?? the structure is hollow, only got some doors to get through and there is lots of space in the dam and you have your own personal water supplyTongue this particular dam is on Dartmoor plenty of sheep, cattle and ponies for the asking, this location also has some woodlands and plenty of animal manure lying around for your veg growing!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 March 2012, 13:43, (This post was last modified: 11 March 2012, 13:53 by mikebratcher69.)
One of my primary bols is a dam just for that reason B.P.
A couple of padlocks to saw off and your in.
possibly fairly emp proof as well I would think.
Great minds think alike B.P.!!!
My primary bol is a dam.
I think that they mostly have some sort of service tunnel that runs the length of the dam wall for maintainance and such so big covered living space.

Its just a guess though as I dont want to enter mine yet as they may beef up security and thats one thing you dont need post shtf to find they've put a huge steel door on!! AND asking for plans for a dam is liable to get you a visit from the anti terrorist squad!!!
So I'd whole hearidly suggest the dam idea but just scout it out for now and dont do any damage so nobody knows youve been there.

My dam has an access tunnel that you could live in on its own, must be over 200 feet long and should lead into a dam service tunnel, but if not the access tunnel is livable anyway.Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Theres some maintainance work going on at mine right now but after that finishes I'm thinking of going to plant random veggies to see if they grow, and maybe some blackberry bushes etc. The idea is to maintain the bol for possible use by planting secretly then if I have to use it I wont have to start from scratch.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
11 March 2012, 14:55,
Thanks for that Mike, my primary bug out is an old cottage down a very little used country lane, but if that fell through for whatever reason its not a lot further to the reservoir.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 March 2012, 18:45,
There are none around here but I suspect that you would be too exposed and not be able to proyect yourself very well. OK for well after an event but not in the initial stages.

I do like these sorts of places though for longer term.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 March 2012, 18:59,
(11 March 2012, 18:45)Skean Dhude Wrote: There are none around here but I suspect that you would be too exposed and not be able to proyect yourself very well. OK for well after an event but not in the initial stages.

I do like these sorts of places though for longer term.

thats what i was thinking SD, after the event, for the long term.
11 March 2012, 19:05,
yooud be surpised sd unless people atacking fancy taking fire from the entrance of the access tunnel theyd have to dig you out. and most dams like mine are remote and accessed by single track easily blocked roads. remoteness of the dam was my first priority you see as well as defenceability. so unless they use a moab they ainy getting in.
11 March 2012, 19:28,
(11 March 2012, 19:05)mikebratcher69 Wrote: yooud be surpised sd unless people atacking fancy taking fire from the entrance of the access tunnel theyd have to dig you out. and most dams like mine are remote and accessed by single track easily blocked roads. remoteness of the dam was my first priority you see as well as defenceability. so unless they use a moab they ainy getting in.

Most the resevouirs, around where I used to live, are used by people with little sail boats. Often, those are the people that like to go quail shooting and stuff. If water runs out, the people coming to the res could be toting shotguns.

I think SD and BP are right, they are great, but only once the masses have passed away.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 March 2012, 19:56,
All the better if they come toting shotguns, replacement weapons AND ammo.... Long distance shot with a bow or rifle is out of shotgun range and if they're using slugs they better be a good shot.
AND as I've said in previous posts when shtf I'll be playing for keeps... Big boys games only played with extreme predudice.
11 March 2012, 21:08,
Have you ever heard the work siege?

Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 March 2012, 21:08,
word.... Why is this keyboard so sensitive....
Skean Dhude