Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We are not the minority.
11 March 2012, 11:51,
RE: We are not the minority.
Ive just worked out a an outstanding figure over the next 30 years we will spend over £160,000 on heating oil, electricity and water rates. This is a conservative costing but it is an amazing figure. We have a fire that does one room i will be looking for one that has a back boiler to provide hot and supplies radiators.

As i have said before we are looking at buying some land about 5 acres to start a small holding one of the crops we will be growing will be trees to supply our own wood for heating and cooking, it will also contain abore hole for water supplies, rainwater harvesting system, compost toilet, and either solar, wind or hydro that will depend on the location.

Work this out buying land looks cheap compared to what these robbing companies will be charging.
Failure is NOT an option
11 March 2012, 12:07,
i think before long it'll go back to people being unable to afford the basics such as water, electricity etc... and having to collect it via rain and have your own generating capability for electricity. sort of like the 1800's where you had to scrape by as best you could whilst those with the money got richer. That seems to be the way the ruling elite want it so no doubt thats how it will be.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
11 March 2012, 12:18,
(11 March 2012, 12:07)mikebratcher69 Wrote: i think before long it'll go back to people being unable to afford the basics such as water, electricity etc... and having to collect it via rain and have your own generating capability for electricity. sort of like the 1800's where you had to scrape by as best you could whilst those with the money got richer. That seems to be the way the ruling elite want it so no doubt thats how it will be.

BEFORE LONG !!!!! we already have news items up here about families and elderly folk who have had their water turned off, others taken to court and their pensions siezed to pay council tax bills, thousands of impoverished familes most not chavs on metered PAYG gas and electricity which costs more than double normal tariffs.

11 March 2012, 12:21,
(11 March 2012, 11:51)uks Wrote: Ive just worked out a an outstanding figure over the next 30 years we will spend over £160,000 on heating oil, electricity and water rates. This is a conservative costing but it is an amazing figure. We have a fire that does one room i will be looking for one that has a back boiler to provide hot and supplies radiators.

As i have said before we are looking at buying some land about 5 acres to start a small holding one of the crops we will be growing will be trees to supply our own wood for heating and cooking, it will also contain abore hole for water supplies, rainwater harvesting system, compost toilet, and either solar, wind or hydro that will depend on the location.

Work this out buying land looks cheap compared to what these robbing companies will be charging.
Thats a hell of a figure UKS, thats over £100 per WEEK?? i would never use oil heating, partly on moral ground cos its a finite resourse and secondly and mainly cos of the cost, but thats just because i'm tightTongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 March 2012, 13:13,
(11 March 2012, 11:51)uks Wrote: Ive just worked out a an outstanding figure over the next 30 years we will spend over £160,000 on heating oil, electricity and water rates. This is a conservative costing but it is an amazing figure. We have a fire that does one room i will be looking for one that has a back boiler to provide hot and supplies radiators.

You can get wood / coal burning fires with back boilers built in, so if you can source plenty of wood you can cut that £160,000 by about 60 %

11 March 2012, 14:13,
My cost at the moment are no way near that, thats working roughly on rising cost. By doing the things im planning on i would like to cut that by 80%. With the plans i have that is quite feasible.
Failure is NOT an option